Smart meter tariffs and time not updated

Level 4
    Hi, I posted a question last week about ihd not showing correct tariff and time, purchased an ivie bud, unfortunately this couldn’t connect to the smart meter so was returned. However after a little lightbulb moment I checked my smart meter and it’s this that hasn’t been updated since October when either the clocks changed and/or tariffs changed, showing wrong time and tariff.

I have emailed eonnext regarding this firstly about the ihd then the meter with no response, then through facebook I got as far as giving my details 10 days ago and nothing. Is there anything I can do thanks
  • 2 Replies

Level 92
    A little secret for you...the smart metering system works on GMT all year round, so no corrections are made when the clocks change. I believe you can go into a menu in the IHD itself and set your own clock on the display itself. AFAIK, the clock doesn't synchronise to 'meter time'.

Send another email to hi@eonnext.com with your details and 'Smart meter tariff update' in the subject. As everyone's emails on every subject end up in the same mailbox, judicial use of certain words in the subject usually steers the mail to the right team and often elicits a faster/better response.

If your IHD isn't talking to the meters, that's another matter. Are the meters themselves actually working properly? CHECK HERE...

https://smartmetercheck.citizensadvice.org.uk/

Also, can you post a photo of your actual meters and comms hub (not the IHD) and tell us what the HAN and WAN lights are doing. That often helps with diagnosis,
    Last edited by retrotecchie; 13-12-22 at 10:03.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 2
    Mine isn’t up to date either even though they said they have fixed the problem. There is a huge discrepancy from what it says my daily costs and what I am been billed as submitting daily readings. Beginning to think the meters are a con as how can you budget. We have no lights on, I cook on a camping stove or use microwave (not even everyday) we have stopped watching TV just laptop. Gas heating to 11 degrees but not getting that before it’s turned off at the moment in 2 rooms only.
    You can’t even leave a new thread on here so sorry to piggy back.
    I have sent an email, see what happens but the customer experience is certainly lacking.