Smart Meter readings

Apologies for asking a daft question but when are readings on smart meters taken?
    I've just switched over from traditional meters to smart meters but can't see anything taken as yet.
  • 5 Replies

Level 92
    @Aimi123

They should be taken on or the day before your usual billing date.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Probably be a little while as my billing date is beginning of the month. Thank you very much for your response.
    Level 92
    @Aimi123

No worries. By the way, not a daft question at all and absolutely no apologies needed.

The daft questions are the ones you want answers to, but don't actually ask! 😁
    Level 91
    @Aimi123
    It can take six weeks or so before your smart meters become fully functional so don’t worry too much in that initial period if some things don’t look right.

In your online account or app you can select how often Eon Next collect data from your meters by selecting Profile and then Smart Data. I have mine set to half hourly. By doing that and opting in to marketing communications it makes you eligible to be invited to take part in the energy shift trial. You can also download the Hildebrand Bright App to your phone for free and see all your historical energy usage down to half/hourly intervals.

Keep an eye on your account as no matter what your meters are set to you will normally only see smart readings monthly when they are used to produce a bill. If one or the other (or both) don’t show up on your account on your billing date then you can submit readings manually to generate a bill. As I say, give it at least six weeks to let everything start working as it should be before going through the pain of contacting customer service. You might be lucky and all is well from day one, but not in my experience.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Thank you very much. I was a bit apprehensive about getting a smart meter given that I've read both positive and negative things about them but decided to bite the bullet and get one! I just keen to make sure that Eon Next get my readings on a regular basis :)