Missing Bills

Level 2
    I've not been receiving Bills for the last couple of months - despite regularly inputting meter readings.
    In September I was chased by the collections team for an incorrect outstanding balance on my account. I called back and was advised this was now rectified, and that I should receive a correct bill within 24 hours - this never happened.
    I haven't received a Bill since.
    I have concerns because there were issues when I first got set up with EON due to previous tenants at my address having outstanding arrears. I no longer have a direct debit set up as there was an instance where EON wiped out my bank account based on charges from an incorrect bill. My concern is that they have added this back on to my account (for the 3rd time now!!)
    I'm reluctant to make any further payments until I receive a bill outlining the charges and payments made, though I did this last month to avoid any affects on my credit file.
    Sadly I've tried to get in touch via Email and phone, but have not yet had a response.

If you can help me get a correct Bill it would be greatly appreciated!
    I Shouldn't really be having to chase for one, but there you go.
    I look forward to hearing from you! All the best.
    Last edited by Met; 31-10-22 at 13:07.
  • 2 Replies

Level 92
    @Met

I had a very similar issue myself. No arrears from a previous tenant, but no bills since February, despite providing a couple of meter readings. They hadn't even sent me estimated bills in the interim.

@DebF_EONNext was very helpful in resolving my problems. Emails and phone calls are taking a while to get through so a better option maybe to try Whatsapp if you have that?
    Last edited by retrotecchie; 31-10-22 at 13:17. Reason: Typos
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 10
    @Met

Sorry to hear about the situation you find yourself in with your bills - or lack thereof - it sounds frustrating and stressful.

The main issue by the sounds of it is getting an accurate and up to date bill issued, but it's also a concern that you've had to resort to cancelling your direct debit due to errors made by E.ON Next, because that probably means you've lost the discount for paying by direct debit through no fault of your own.

With regards to getting through to the customer services team, a lot of people have found it is taking a long time at the moment, particularly since the price cap / EPG changes at the start of the month which created a lot of additional traffic. Some folks have found WhatsApp and/or twitter faster ways of getting a response if you use those, or phoning first thing in the morning as the lines tend are apparently less busy then.

Other than that, because this is primarily a customer-to-customer forum, we're not able to help directly with whatever's going wrong on your energy account. However, the community managers here (forum members with E.ON Next after their names) are employees and they do often step in and help where the customer services route just isn't working. Hope you get a resolution very soon.