FIVE MONTHS... STILL no automated meter readings!

Level 18
    @solomondogs
    I was actually trying to help you in ascertaining what time you rang but as you choose to ignore my question ,I cannot help you. Your response was rather unwarranted.
    Level 92
    @solomondogs
    I was actually trying to help you in ascertaining what time you rang but as you choose to ignore my question ,I cannot help you. Your response was rather unwarranted.

Just to reiterate @solomondogs, most of us on here are volunteers and/or regular customers and not actually employed by EON.Next or affiliated with them in any way. We try as best as we can to offer advice and help based on our own knowledge and experiences. @Johnh1995 was just trying to make the point that if you phone at certain times like 9am when the lines open, you will often have a much shorter wait than if you phoned at, say, lunchtime.

You have two choices. You can take people's advice or suggestions, or you can choose to ignore it. In either case, a little civility would not go amiss. Yes, we may occasionally misunderstand your point, or not always have the full picture of exactly what is going on but we are just doing our best to be here for our fellow forumites. You may not get an answer that solves your problem, but at least thanks to the active volunteers, you will get at least a response which may or may not help but will often point you in the right direction, or at least remind you that you are not alone.
    @Johnh1995 was just trying to make the point about phoning customer services, is all. Your actual issue is not pertinent to that advice.

Let's just try to keep it friendly, please?
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 6
    @retrotecchie if he’s trying to make a point then perhaps best not to open up with a sarcastic comment about being bored.

’I did not read all your post as I got rather bored whilst reading it. My question is however, what time of day did you ring?’

Civility works both ways volunteers or not.

The last time I rang was precisely at 9, after two hours I rang off, I don’t have all day to wait for someone to answer a phone but to compound their obvious disinterest they haven’t responded to emails or WhatsApp messages either.

I don’t think it even slightly unreasonable for a multinational company making vast profits to have enough resources to answer enquiries, through whatever channel, in a timely manner.
    Level 92
    @solomondogs

I totally agree with your last paragraph, but these are not normal times....

They could quadruple their Service staff right now, then have to lay them all off again in three months time. To be fair, having worked in customer services for several large multinationals, it's not a role anyone would be able to attract me back into right now. Even if they did try and hire another thousand staff, I'd be willing to bet there wouldn't be many takers.

You could argue that as well as migrating customers from all the failed energy companies, they should have migrated some extra support staff too, which I think they did. But no-one could anticipate the current turmoil in the energy sector

Incidentally, I phoned Eon.next at around 9.05 on Tuesday and was 2nd in the queue. Dealt with in under 15 minutes.
    Last edited by retrotecchie; 05-11-22 at 14:53.
    Level 18
    @retrotecchie if he’s trying to make a point then perhaps best not to open up with a sarcastic comment about being bored
    Sorry if you thought my comment was sarcastic. It was not meant to be. It was simply that your post was rather drawn out.