Heating Oil Discount

View Tag Cloud
    Level 92

Alternative fuel payments

The government will double the level of support for households that use alternative fuels, such as heating oil, liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), coal, or biomass, to heat their homes to £200. This support will be delivered as soon as possible this winter. The government will provide this payment to all Northern Ireland households in recognition of the prevalence of alternative fuel usage in Northern Ireland. The government will also provide a fixed payment of £150 to all UK non-domestic consumers who are off the gas grid and use alternative fuels, with additional ‘top-up’ payments for large users of heating oil based on actual usage.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 92
    @Treetopspeter

The folks in NI will all get the payment, oil or no, as they didn't get the £400 Energy Support the rest of the UK did, AFAIK.
    Last edited by retrotecchie; 23-11-22 at 23:54.
    Level 92
    Update.

What does the Government say?

A UK Government spokesperson said: "We recognise people are struggling with the rising cost of living, including those who use heating oil and fuels other than gas to warm their homes. That is why we have increased the alternative fuel payment (AFP) to £200 and are committed to delivering this to customers as soon as possible.
    "Those who do not have a relationship with an electricity supplier will receive payment through the AFP Alternative Fund and we will confirm details of when this will be made shortly."
    On when this will be paid, it told us: "The vast majority of alternative fuel payments eligible households in Great Britain will receive payment automatically via their electricity supplier with no need to take any action, and this payment will be made as soon as possible in the New Year."
    Level 12
    What the Government is calling "The Alternative Fuel Payment," will be paid in February next year