Government grant Debits/credits

Level 5
    E. On grossly underestimated my yearly bill after the new prices came out and reduced my direct debit, I got in touch and they agreed to increase it to £190 a month. On the 6th the £66 goverment grant was credited to my account but this was the debited from my account again yesterday. I have read that if you pay by DD the govermentment grant is automatically taken off of the monthly payment. How do I know if I have recieved the grant?
  • 2 Replies

Level 91
    @Speedyreedy80

Your question is how do you know you’ve received the grant. You also say it has been credited to your account and debited from your account, which means you already know surely.

Anyway, in your online account under ‘view statements and payments’ you will see £66 as a credit to your account and it will say it’s from the government. The idea then is that £66 will be deducted from your DD.

That means your account had been credited with the normal monthly amount in total but you have £66 left in your bank account.

I didn’t fully understand your question so I’m not sure I’ve provided the answer you want.
    Last edited by JoeSoap; 11-10-22 at 18:52. Reason: Added a bit for clarity.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 5
    Thank you for replying, I hadnt explained very well I think, I had been credited the £66 and then they reversed it so my bill went from 99 to 165. got it sorted this morning, there had been a mistake and I was listed as a landlord which meant I didn't qualify for the grant