Direct Debit amount

I saw on the app that my direct debit had been amended to £0 from £65 so I amended it back again but not sure if they'll actually take this amount. I have messaged Eon Next via Facebook on Sunday but yet to receive a response (although appreciate they are very busy) and I would like some clarity.
  • 4 Replies

Level 91
    @Aimi123

From tomorrow we get a £67 per month reduction on our DDs for 6 months courtesy of the government. As your DD was £65 it will reduce to zero and your account will be credited with the remaining £2.

I’m surprised the app let you amend it back to £65 and will be curious to see what transpires.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 91
    If you want to pay more into your account i’d Suggest making one off payments rather than trying to second guss the DD system, which is struggling to cope with the recent changes!
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    @Aimi123

From tomorrow we get a £67 per month reduction on our DDs for 6 months courtesy of the government. As your DD was £65 it will reduce to zero and your account will be credited with the remaining £2.

I’m surprised the app let you amend it back to £65 and will be curious to see what transpires.

So was I to be honest and was hopeful! I'll see what happens next week but if nothing happens, I'll make one off payments. Would have just preferred my dd to be taken though :)
    Level 91
    @Aimi123

The normal amount of £65 will be paid to your account anyway, plus an additional £2. This is courtesy of the government and will last for six months. Just to be clear though, actual DDs are subject to change if you use more or less energy than what was predicted when the DD amount was set.