Overestimated reading

Level 1
    My account has been billed with an estimated meter reading between March and September.

I submitted two reading in between that time frame. One in March and one in September.

In September, my meter reading was 78543(day usage) 24537( night usage). In March it was 77724

For the sake of this thread I am only going to discuss day usage. my estimated reading on 19th of June was 78504 and on 21st of July 78715 on the 19th of September it was 79122.

As it can be seen my estimated usage exceeds substantially my actual usage given that the month of June 78504 is so close to the 21st of September 78543. Three months apart.

my account balance was credited with 300 pounds when I did my manual reading on the 21st of September and few days later it was taken away. When talking to an advisor, he mentioned that my September bill only has been adjusted and that everything else is correct even though I highlighted that fact.

can someone please advise and help properly?

cheers
  • 2 Replies

Level 91
    @Wasim

This is a customer-to-customer forum so whereas you may get some advice that will help, it will probably only be customer service that can resolve this for you.

Obviously they are overwhelmed at present but tomorrow, I would follow the advice here in the meantime.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 91
    @Wasim

I wouldn't bother with customer services you've already spoken to them once and they did nothing.

If you submit an actual reading the supplier is obliged to accept that unless they good reason to believe its wrong. My Gas supplier asked me on 3 occasions to submit a reading in august because my consumption was so low. Ignoring your reading is wrong without good reason. I'd submit another reading now and then see what effect it has on your billing. If your billing isn't revised and it has a knock-on effect upon your payments (how do you pay?) then I'd make a formal complaint.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.