1 bedroom flat £355 per month direct debit! £5,459 estimated per year!

Level 1
    I started with EON on EON Fix Online V65 in October 2021 and was transferred to Eon Next in June 2021 my fixed rate ended on 02.04.2022 and changed to Eon Next Flex. Although I have a smart meter I was told there had been an issue when transferring to Eon which meant my smart reader didn't give a reading until May. I then received a huge bill – for 15 February to 13 May and for £1,844.80. After talking to some one in your help centre this was reversed and I received a new bill for 15 February to 13 May to £1,605.29 which was again reversed and changed to £1.381.16!! Still leaving my account £873.76 DR.

My Current Balance is now £735.38 DR and I have been told my new monthly direct debit will be £355.56 I cannot afford to pay this!!! My previous annual estimated cost was £1169.38 My estimated annual cost is £5,459– this equates to £510.11 per month, I live in a one bedroom flat and never have the heating on this cannot be correct!!!! this is 5 x what it was before!!

How do I work out what I actually should have paid and should be paying now?

• 1 Reply

Level 91
    @BellaR

On your statements will be forecasts of your consumption. These are crucial to understanding what is going on. Please post those details (2 figures if you have electricity and gas) so that we can explain.

Your issues have been building over time. If you have statements from a year or more ago can you post the meter readings and dates together with the current readings. Also the general area of where you live - this affects the prices.

But prices have been on the increase for a long time and are, from October 2022, twice the level of last winter. From what you have written the debit on your account has decreased a little over the summer, but not much and your direct debit might have been a little too low. Prices in October will be up by another 25% on the prices now so some increase in costs is inevitable. But something has happened to your forecast consumption for the estimate of future cost to be so high - that is where the error probably is. But we need some information to be able to fully help you.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.