Account or no account?

Level 9
    @Andy65
    It's all about money and profit which is just another way of saying "pure greed".
    People who pay in advance, like myself, can't get into debt so these companies charge extortionate rates for gas and electricity AND for having a prepayment meter.
    People who get credit get charged interest on that credit and, if they get into debt, they get charged even more interest!
    Whichever way you look at it they have only one thing in mind. Making as much profit as possible and collecting huge bonuses.
    Level 44
    Hi @Tiberius

Businesses are in it to make money, I don't have a problem with that and I don't get involved in the size of profits nor interest rates unless I'm forced to use a particular service/business. When it comes to their logic and explanations though, it's a different matter.
    To be fair @Bennie_EONNext eon-next say that it's possible if a customer needs the use of medical equipment, therefore it is clearly possible one way or another.
    There have been 3 official reasons offered on here as to why customers can't be moved from pre-payment to credit meters. Only one of those reasons was plausible and that was because it was "company policy not to".
    The other two reasons were, well put it this way, my cat would have laughed herself silly at them if she was still around.

For the life of me I've never understood why customers who buy their energy in advance, have to pay significantly more than those on a credit meter who can drift into debit by £000's.

If it is based on medical needs, the customer needs to be registered on our PSR register and even in this case we will need to do some checks before being able to install a smart meter. Like for example the connection in the area that delivers the readings to us.