I don`t understand my statement.

Level 3
    I really at a loss to understand how this works so if anyone can shed light on it feel free, my statement reads like this stretching back to Feb 22nd.

11 MAR 2022
    Gas
    -£10.91 £186.88
    11 MAR 2022
    Electricity
    -£18.76 £197.79
    11 MAR 2022
    Gas
    +£6.38 CR £216.55
    11 MAR 2022
    Gas
    +£5.16 CR £210.17
    11 MAR 2022
    Electricity
    +£12.22 CR £205.01
    11 MAR 2022
    Electricity
    +£8.20 CR £192.79
    09 MAR 2022
    Gas
    -£4.90 £184.59
    09 MAR 2022
    Electricity
    -£13.29 £189.49
    01 MAR 2022
    Direct debit
    +£48.00 CR £202.78
    22 FEB 2022
    Gas
    -£6.38 £154.78

I don`t understand understand how payments made before are credited back to me. if there are errors i don`t want to get hit with a big bill to resolve it in the future,

Maybe some of you nice people could check your statements to see if it is the same layout.

Cheers.
    Last edited by UKDave51; 11-03-22 at 18:27.
  • 4 Replies

Level 91
    @UKDave51
    If you want to delete a post you can go to edit it and then there is an option to delete it entirely.

I'm still working out how to get a mention of somebody else on the forum into a message so that it flags up to them.
    Last edited by meldrewreborn; 11-03-22 at 18:07. Reason: spelling
    Level 3
    @UKDave51
    If you want to delete a post you can go to edit it and then there is an option to delete it entirely.

I'm still working out how to get a mention of somebody else on the forum into a message so that it flags up to them.

I`ve posted an updated version of the original, is this normal, what is your view?
    Level 91
    @UKDave51

Its odd.

My electricity account with Symbio was weird in that they billed one month ahead on an estimated (always too high) basis and then had to credit me back when i didn't use what they thought. But that was all done on a monthly invoice, so the only things hitting my account were their invoices and my direct debit. Also I keep my gas and electricity with different suppliers because that way I felt that i was getting a better deal than on any one suppliers Duel Fuel offer.

Your account, with so many debits and credits for the two fuels is strange. I'd ask your supplier for a detailed explanation of each debit and credit. They should be linked to changes in readings or fuel prices. AHHA is it because you signed up for a fixed price deal recently? Perhaps some fuel has been billed at the price cap and those charges have to be withdrawn and rebilled at the fixed price?

Otherwise I'm no wiser than you!
    Level 3
    @UKDave51

Its odd.

My electricity account with Symbio was weird in that they billed one month ahead on an estimated (always too high) basis and then had to credit me back when i didn't use what they thought. But that was all done on a monthly invoice, so the only things hitting my account were their invoices and my direct debit. Also I keep my gas and electricity with different suppliers because that way I felt that i was getting a better deal than on any one suppliers Duel Fuel offer.

Your account, with so many debits and credits for the two fuels is strange. I'd ask your supplier for a detailed explanation of each debit and credit. They should be linked to changes in readings or fuel prices. AHHA is it because you signed up for a fixed price deal recently? Perhaps some fuel has been billed at the price cap and those charges have to be withdrawn and rebilled at the fixed price?

Otherwise I'm no wiser than you!

My fixed V11 tariff started on Feb 28th, maybe one of the mods can explain it to me, but I am puzzled.