ST Patricks Day!

Community Team

St. Patrick’s Day commemorates the death of St. Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland. The holiday has evolved into a celebration of Irish culture with parades, special foods, music, dancing, drinking - with green being the main colour of the day. 🇮🇪

Some facts about St Patrick's day for you all 😁 ⬇

🍀 Did you know Saint Patrick didn't wear green? His colour was actually "Saint Patrick's blue". Green only became associated with St Patrick's day after it was linked to the Irish Independence movement in the late 18th century.

🍀 Despite his Irish notoriety, Saint Patrick was British. He was born to Roman parents in Scotland or Wales in the late fourth century.

🍀 Saint Patrick was born “Maewyn Succat” but changed his name to “Patricius” after becoming a priest.

🍀 On or around St. Patrick’s Day, the Irish prime minister presents the U.S. president with a crystal bowl of live shamrocks as a symbol of the close ties between the two countries.

Do any of you celebrate St Patrick's day? I myself am partial to the odd Guinness - from draught of course, so I will definitely be indulging in one (or to be more realistic 3/4) 🤣

How do you celebrate St Patrick's day? What are your plans?
    🌳Together we can work to achieve a more sustainable Future 🌳
  • 3 Replies

Level 39
    @Connor_EONNext

I remember learning at school that St Patrick was British, another bit of trivia they taught us was, that legend has it he drove all the snakes out of Ireland.

Happy St Patricks Day to anyone celebrating. 🍀
    Community Team
    @Connor_EONNext

What a lovely post! 💚 learning about different culture's is always great.

Did you know in Dublin a pint of Guinness is called ' pint of gat' 🍻

Happy St Patrick's Day to anyone celebrating. 🍀
    Last edited by Indyk_EONNext; 17-03-24 at 10:43.
    The Future of energy is Renewable 🍃 So let's work this out together! ✨
    Level 10
    @Connor_EONNext

🍀 Happy St Patrick's Day to anyone celebrating! 🍀

Great to learn new information around the celebration! 💚
    🌲 “Nature is the source of all true knowledge.” – Leonardo da Vinci 🌲

Looking for information on energy efficiency and savings? Visit our website here for lots of tips! ✨

Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here