Transposed meter readings

Level 1
    Hi All

I recently moved over to E-ON from EDF, i have a dual rate (Day/Night) smart 2 meter as i have Night Storage Heaters.

i have just received my first monthly bill, i noticed that the day and night meter readings were transposed, the bill sent to me says i owe £601 , it should be £297.

The day/night tariff rates (33.1p and 12.4p) were also transposed

I immediately contacted E-ON via their Whatsapp to get the issues sorted, i have sent numerous photos of the meter readings and a copy of my EDF final bill, this bill clearly shows the correct orientation of day and night readings.

The daily usage data generated from my Smart Meter, shown on the E-ON app clearly adds up to £297.

The E-ON team advised me the £601 bill was correct, i persisted as i know that is not the case, they have eventually agreed to refer the matter to the SMART team, that was 4 days ago , i have heard nothing since.

I expect i will have to contact them again early next week.

I cannot understand why this is happening, surely a smart meter can give them the correct information, energy used and at what time of day, i feel very stressed over this and am considering raising a customer complaint and writing to the head of operations.

Has anyone else out there experienced a similar situation, how did you get it sorted.

Thanks for listening; Gingertom
  • 2 Replies

Level 92
    @Gingertom

Surely if the day/night readings were transposed AND the rates have been transposed then your costs will be correct. Name:  confused.gif
Views: 170
Size:  4.4 KB
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 1
    @retrotecchie

Hi , you are spot on, the first bill was £297, i did not want the bill to be in error as meter readings and tariff were both transposed, so i contacted them.

Unfortunately to date they have only changed the tariff to what it should be, and issued a second bill of £601, but the meter readings are still transposed.

I keep thinking should i have contacted E-ON

Regards Gingertom