EON is overcharging me and no one will give me a clear explanation

Level 91
    @Mailman

Where's Mystic Meg when she's really needed??

PS in spirit land - I know!!
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 91
    1. The statement generated in January in your post suggests that you are now being billed on a non-Economy 7 rate (i.e. Standard Next Flex). Is this what you want?
    2. If this is what you wanted, when did you transfer to Standard Next Flex?

There should be an audit trail of precise tariff change dates within 'My Messages' contained within your online account if that helps.

I did raise this yesterday here with the same question as to whether a single rate tariff was what was actually wanted.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 91
    Looking back through this it appear that the account commenced in Mar 22 on a fix rate E7 (V7) and then switched to a next flex tariff later (but exactly when is uncertain) - perhaps because this was economic as the EPG didn't compensate enough on fixed tariffs compared to variable. And then it switched from E7 to a standard 24 hour single tier.

The smart meter readings appear to be consistent throughout.
    The switch from the V7 fix to next flex appears to have changed the billing right back to March 2022. Why this was done only in December 2023, at the time of asking for a credit refund, is still perplexing to me. Whether this has been done correctly or not I can’t tell as I /we are not privy to all the information.