IHD wrong after clock change

View Tag Cloud
    Level 56
    UnixEpochDate

That is a belter of a word - now added to my vocabulary.😁
    Level 28
    That is a belter of a word - now added to my vocabulary.😁
    here's an even better one "Epochalypse" - also known as Y2K38 as there is another Y2K problem looming on 19 January 2038 😲

The epoch date is the number of seconds since the 1st January 1970 unfortunately it's stored in Unix as a 32-bit integer, so will reach its capacity by that date.

So who knows how many date-based systems will fail on that date (probably the whole smart metering system will 😂)
    Level 91
    @Gwyndy

My spreadsheet records only meter readings at the end of the month - usually about midday. Absolute accuracy isn’t necessary in my eyes, and I find comparisons with previous periods a bit pointless as I have no control over the weather. Now that my electricity consumption is about the lowest I’m likely to get it, and similarly for gas unless I change the boiler, I record the data to produce graphs showing the average consumption per day in that month. It’s enough for my purposes.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 56
    I record the data to produce graphs showing the average consumption per day in that month. It’s enough for my purposes.

You keep doing this to me - suggesting different ways of handling the data. 🤔 Graphing the data required a bit more work but I've go the skillset in my armoury (after the AA v EAC comparison graph) 👍

Keeps me out of mischief whilst batch bread making goes on this morning in t'oven. 😁
    Level 6
    Not sure if you're aware that the meter holds 13 months worth of usage data ................ So if you've got your actual meter data you can ignore your IHD and prove your point to EOn based on this

Thank you. Yes, I logged in to https://www.n3rgy.com/ yesterday and downloaded some recent data which does prove my point. When I signed up their system would not recognise the GUID from my ivie Bud so I used the details from the IHD3. Not sure if it was pure coincidence but the Bud then went t*ts up and disconnected from the meter. It took a few hours to get it back up and running
    Level 6
    Update.

I am still doing battle with Eon about the incorrect historical gas usage figures that are shown on my IHD. I am now getting the 'brush off' responses - 'nothing to do with us guv'! I cannot get past the customer service agents to discuss the matter with someone who has the technical knowledge to understand the data that I have sent them, and the authority to do something about it. I have downloaded some recent data and it is clear that the figure that is displayed for 'yesterday' is the sum of the gas usage recorded at 23:30 and 00:00 each day.

I have now submitted a formal complaint.

On the positive side, I cannot praise Chameleon Technology enough. They have been absolutely superb in helping me understand why the two IHDs are out of sync and they are even offering to intervene with Eon.
    Level 6
    It seems that Eon has fixed the metering problem although they haven't had the courtesy to tell me! Historical daily gas usage has been correct for a couple of days and the IHD3 and ivieBud now show the same figures at each half hour period.

It has taken 4 weeks to get Eon to acknowledge this issue and do something about it. Their customer service has been appalling and I just kept getting the 'brush off' with people telling me that there was nothing wrong. They even told me that the IHD3 was faulty and would not do anything until I bought a replacement. Even when I did so and demonstrated that the readings were still incorrect on both IHDs they ignored me. It took an e-mail to the CEO's office to get things moving.