• Tags for this Thread
  • news
View Tag Cloud
    Community Team
    Name:  adi-goldstein-Hli3R6LKibo-unsplash.jpg
Views: 849
Size:  38.2 KB
    Happy Birthday Community ๐ŸŽ‰

Did you know our community is now 3? We wanted to celebrate this with you all as the community wouldn't be what it is without all of you...our fantastic members! Your guidance, support and knowledge that you share with each other has helped the community to grow into the fantastic space it is now ๐Ÿ˜Š

Over the years there have been many changes, here are just some of the highlights...

• Our community has grown a lot! We now have almost 17,500 members and more than 35,000 posts.
    • We have an amazing team of community members who support others, volunteering their time each day to help other members out and fully embracing community sentiment!
    • You supported each other through some tricky times price cap changes, EPG, AFP and helped lot's of customers on their journey!
    • We introduced new forums to the community surrounding sustainable futures where you can chat everything from energy saving tips to boilers.
    • You've created lot's of interesting discussions around energy saving and had some fun off topic chat's in Conversation Corner.

The community team want to thank each and everyone of you for being here and for continuing to make the community a fantastic supportive space it is. Here's to another year in the community, I for one can't wait to see what this next year brings our way ๐ŸŽ‰

For those of you who have been here what have been your community highlights over the last year? For those of you who have recently joined the community, what made you sign up and how are you finding it? Are there any changes you would like to see in the community over the next year?
    Last edited by DebF_EONNext; 01-11-23 at 19:43. Reason: featured
    "Green is the prime colour of the world and that from which it's loveliness arises"-Pedro Calderon De La Barca ๐ŸŒณ
  • 12 Replies

@DebF_EONNext; @retrotecchie; @meldrewreborn; @Mailman; @JoeSoap; @WizzyWigg

I joined
    the forum 13 months ago for advice when my gas smart meter stopped sending in readings, and to find out more about the Government EBSS payments. The highlights for me have been the excellent advice and information given by the Community Team, and especially by the 'Five Wise Men' fellow forum members: @retrotecchie; @meldrewreborn; @Mailman; @JoeSoap; and @WizzyWigg. Other highlights for me have been the quizzes, and the banter about things like the cost of living; times gone by; and tips on money-saving and cooking. I'm very pleased I joined the forum. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    Last edited by Tommysgirl; 01-11-23 at 13:14. Reason: Adding info
    Level 92
    @Tommysgirl

I joined the forum to.try and get to the bottom of why I wasn't getting any bills despite me sending regular meter readings. All sorted out for me by the lovely @DebF_EONNext. But I stuck around, tried to offer advice where I could and got into the whole vibe of the thing. It's part of my daily routine now. The 'usual suspects' you mentioned are always good for lively debate and banter but there are others who join in and participate regularly too who are equally part of the community 'core'.

The Christmas banter, your suggestions for the E.On Next Customer Service 'On Hold' playlist and little gems from 'back in the day' are always guaranteed to make me smile. You are one of the 'regulars' and the forum wouldn't be the same without your contributions.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 78
    @DebF_EONNext; @retrotecchie; @meldrewreborn; @Mailman; @JoeSoap; @WizzyWigg

I joined
    the forum 13 months ago for advice when my gas smart meter stopped sending in readings, and to find out more about the Government EBSS payments. The highlights for me have been the excellent advice and information given by the Community Team, and especially by the 'Five Wise Men' fellow forum members: @retrotecchie; @meldrewreborn; @Mailman; @JoeSoap; and @WizzyWigg. Other highlights for me have been the quizzes, and the banter about things like the cost of living; times gone by; and tips on money-saving and cooking. I'm very pleased I joined the forum. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    Hey! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ Who ever said I was wise. I'm only here for the beer. Well ginger nuts actually. I came to the forum because my gas meter wasn't sending data through to the DCC. And........ It now sends when it feels like it. Poor thing. ๐Ÿ˜‚.
    I have enjoyed being accepted into to an amazing community with truly knowledgeable and very learned members. Learnt loads from them. I've written everything down in my little black book ๐Ÿ‘ป.
    Long may it continue. ๐Ÿ‘
    Thank you all for my first 12months, you are brilliant. ๐Ÿ‘ด
    Last edited by WizzyWigg; 01-11-23 at 15:55. Reason: Grammar mistake
    Level 91
    My first foray into the forum was because my IHD wasn't performing as it should following my switch to Eon Next. It seemed to fix itself exactly six weeks after the switch. I now know that it can take that long for smart meters to function fully. Had I known that at the time, I probably wouldn't have joined the forum. But I didn't, so I did... and I'm still here ๐Ÿ˜›
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 28
    ...It seemed to fix itself exactly six weeks after the switch. I now know that it can take that long for smart meters to function fully. ...
    I think that we're being taken for a ride with this 6 weeks thing. Technology doesn't just sit there for a few weeks gradually feeding a few electrons down the wire - I think the reality is it takes that long for someone to get round to updating it (maybe there's a huge queue of meters to be updated).

When I changed from BG to EOn the details on the meter were updated immediately

Since then I've had no joy in trying to get my correct tariff rates updated โ˜น๏ธ
    Level 91
    Dear all

I can't remember why I joined up here, but it was when the suppliers had gone bust and my accounts were migrated to EDF and Eon Next. Maybe I was seeking information -who knows?

Or perhaps its the memory problem that affects the chronologically gifted.๐Ÿคฃ

While I've crossed swords occasionally with what to me are forthright comments, only for them to be struct down because of "community values", I hope that my interventions have been of benefit to the vast majority of forum members. But Activity is getting a bit quiet recently - have we solved all the solvable problems? Are new members able to solve their own issues by using previous threads on the topic? Is Eon Next customer service getting better? And the last one isn't me having a dig, perhaps the strictures from OFGEM and the fines has concentrated minds in the higher echelons of Eon Next and things are actually improving.

Once on the goon show (on the radio folks - if you're young) they were (fictionally) doing some excavations and one held up a discovery and said " This skull is 5 Million years old!"

Cue a heartfelt rendition of "Happy Birthday"
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but Iโ€™ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 91
    ...Since then I've had no joy in trying to get my correct tariff rates updated โ˜น๏ธ

Really?... I've never had a problem ๐Ÿค”. Oh, mind you, there was this ๐Ÿคฃ
    @retrotecchie

Thank you for your very kind words. You provide invaluable advice, as do the 'usual suspects' and make me smile and laugh with the debates and banter, most recently the 'Thrifty Fun'.๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    Level 91
    @Tommysgirl

Being thrifty isn't supposed to be a laughing matter - for me it's deadly serious!

But I too enjoy the banter, and the trips down Memory Lane - if only I could find it again. - anybody got the postcode?