Switching to Next Flex

Level 5
    Did anyone else receive an on-line invitation to switch to the Next Flex on June 1st?
    The tarif quoted daily rate and unit prices which correspond exactly with the recently announced July Energy Cap (Unit rates 30.0p for electricity, 7.54p for gas). So I decided to switch early from my previous fixed tarif even though the daily charges were higher than I was paying.
    I then received an email confirming a switch on Jun 9th, but now with higher unit rates (34.17p for electricity and 10.3p for gas) similar to what I was paying but again with higher daily charges. At best I have been misled into switching unnecessarily and wasting time making comparisons based on incorrect figures.
    Fortunately my usage is very small and so are the cost differences, but to date Eon Next can do nothing more than offer a reluctant and delayed apology.
  • 1 Reply

• Best Answer

Level 92
    Best Answer
    @lawrencewp

Those are the current Next Flex rates. The new lower rates come into effect on July 1st.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.