Old IHD replaced with potato

Level 5
    Yes it's to the left as your looking at it but outside in a recess in the concrete wall. The 3 way socket has a smelly, a wifi extender and the power adapter for the IHD which is what it is currently balanced on. This is where the engineer put it but on the floor underneath. He orientated it the same way as I have it now with the back angled towards the front door. It gets a decent signal where it is but when I try to press the buttons with a pointy thing (as i have mobility issues) it moves or falls off. That's why I liked my old IHD because it had wifi that linked to my phone for hassle free access.
    Level 77
    @jimmystol
    Thank you very much for the information. I think I now have a full picture.
    Admittedly your setup at the moment doesn't look ideal.

I don't know if this is any help but what if you fixed a small shelf at a convenient height about the socket?

Have you tried any other sockets in the flat that are a little further away but able you to access it more easily? You might get away with a little signal loss.

Have you contacted Eon Next Customer Services and explained the your situation?

There are other contributors to this forum who have way more knowledge than I do who might have better suggestions and they may eventually pick up this thread.