For those who had to applyfor AFP

• Tags for this Thread
  • afp
View Tag Cloud
    Level 8
    It's been six weeks since I had to apply for the AFP and still nothing😡
    Has anyone received the payment as it stated within six weeks of application?
  • 24 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 92
    Best Answer
    @XL5

Change to the £200 Domestic Alternative Fuel Payment term.

Customers who didn't receive the £200 alternative fuel payment automatically can now use older receipts to prove eligibility.

The previous Alternative Fuel Payment eligibility window was from September 2022. UKIFDA have shared more information on this update and how heating oil consumers apply:

This window has been extended back to June 2022 to ensure that households who purchased fuel in bulk ahead of the winter are able to receive the £200 energy bill support they are entitled to.

The majority of customers will have already received this support automatically via electricity bill. This only impacts those that haven't received it automatically.

We advise customers to be aware that no one will contact them about this matter unless they first contact the government, for more information please click here.

How to apply for your Alternative Fuel Payment.

The AFP application portal can be found hereand will be open until the end of May 2023. To apply through the portal, customers will need to have the following ready:

• Proof of address.
    • Bank account details.
    • Proof of heating oil purchases £200 or more between June 2022 and 31 May 2023.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 8
    @retrotecchie
    Hi, if you read the title I have already submitted an application through the portal 6 weeks ago ..I had email confirmation that they had received my application and i will receive payment within 6 weeks...I have heard nothing....has anyone else who had to apply through the portal got payment.
    The payment should be paid via your local district council.
    Community Team
    Thanks for sharing this update @retrotecchie. Sorry to read you haven't had your payment @XL5 we don't see what happens from the other side once you apply from the portal as we don't deal with that side.

I wonder did you get a confirmation email or anything, is there maybe a contact number on there that you can call maybe?

"Green is the prime colour of the world and that from which it's loveliness arises"-Pedro Calderon De La Barca 🌳

OUT OF OFFICE UNTIL 04/05/24 🏖

Level 8
    Thanks for sharing this update @retrotecchie. Sorry to read you haven't had your payment @XL5 we don't see what happens from the other side once you apply from the portal as we don't deal with that side.

I wonder did you get a confirmation email or anything, is there maybe a contact number on there that you can call maybe?
    HiAs I said I got a confirmation email with a reference number.....no contact number just a message saying your application will be passed onto your local district council and will be payed in six weeks from application....as I say how many others are still waiting?
    Level 92
    @XL5

Strange that the local council is involved as this is money coming from and allocated by the UK Treasury directly, and nothing whatsoever to do with devolved government or local authorities. Here in Wales, the Welsh Government had a completely separate scheme which was administered by County Councils, but this was separate from and in addition to the Central government scheme.
    Level 8
    @XL5

Strange that the local council is involved as this is money coming from and allocated by the UK Treasury directly, and nothing whatsoever to do with devolved government or local authorities. Here in Wales, the Welsh Government had a completely separate scheme which was administered by County Councils, but this was separate from and in addition to the Central government scheme.

Hi

Here is a copy paste of the generic reply...

Next steps

The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) will assess your application and pass it to your council for final checks.
    The council will make the £200 payment if your application is successful.
    We will let you know the outcome within 6 weeks.
    Alternative Fuels Payment team – BEIS

Feedback

This application form is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it:
    Level 8
    @XL5
    The annoyance is there is nothing on the local council website, no links, telephone numbers nobody contactable....it's a joke!
    Community Team
    That is frustrating @XL5, I know there were a few who had to apply directly through the portal in 👉 this 👈 thread. It may be worth popping a comment on there to see if anyone else has had any luck yet?
    Level 92
    @XL5
    The annoyance is there is nothing on the local council website, no links, telephone numbers nobody contactable....it's a joke!

I just had a conversation with my neighbour who works for our County Council. She assures me that they have no involvement whatsoever with the AFP as this is a Treasury/BEIS scheme and is operated centrally without any Council involvement or intervention, at least here in Wales. It may be different in England or Scotland and her only suggestion was to contact the finance and revenue people at your council and see what they have to say. If they are involved, then they will be aware of any arrangements under the scheme.

More than that, I can't offer any more advice, I'm afraid. The automatic payments through the energy companies slipped almost six weeks from the original timescale too. We should have seen the payment in late Autumn/early Winter but it was this year before they finally came through.

The only positive I can offer is that with heating oil now at around 64p a litre, that works out at just under 6p per kWh with no standing charges so actually significantly cheaper than heating with mains gas right now.
    Last edited by retrotecchie; 19-04-23 at 11:01.