Do you have any recommended reads?

Community Team
    Whenever I get a spare moment you will find me with my nose in a book πŸ“–πŸ“šπŸ“” I absolutely love to read, fiction or non fiction I don't mind I'm here for it! So with this in mind I thought it would be lovely to share this with the community and perhaps get a little recommended reading list going!

As it's Earth Day soon I thought I would kick off with some of the Community Team's favourite "Earthly" books!

1. The Nature Fix: Why Nature Makes Us Happier, Healthier and More Creative by Florence Williams. In this book we follow the author on a journey as she investigates how nature has a positive effect on the brain. πŸŒ³πŸŒ²β›°
    2. Home-Grown Harvest: The Grow-Your-Own Guide to Sustainability and Self-Sufficiency by Eve McLaughlin & Terence McLaughlin. This is a great read if you just don't know where to start, if you want to be a little more self-sufficient or be a little more sustainable but have no idea. This book has lots of hint's and tips including grow your own, composting, alternative energy & keeping animals. I find myself going back to this book time and time again πŸ₯•πŸ₯šπŸŒΏπŸ”
    3. The Carbon Almanac. This is a reference book that you can dip in and out of, lots of facts to help us understand climate change, giving us ideas and the knowledge tools to help us create change for the here and now! πŸ‘«πŸŒ
    4. Wilding: The Return of Nature to a British Farm by Isabella Tree. Following the Knepp experiment (a re-wilding project in West sussex) Isabella Tree tells us more about the ecology of the countryside and how by using free-roaming pigs, cattle, ponies and deer brought new wildlife to the farm. πŸ¦…πŸ¦‹πŸ•Š
    5. A Guide to Eco-Anxiety: How to Protect the Planet and Your Mental Heath by Anouchka Grose. This is a fairly new publication so it's super relatable! This book has helped me to understand Eco-anxiety and the mental health understanding around it! πŸ§˜β€β™€οΈπŸŒπŸƒ

Have you read any of these? Do you have a "self-help" book that you find yourself going back to time and time again? We would love to hear your book recommendations fiction or non fiction we welcome them all (just remember...keep it clean πŸ˜‰)

Last edited by DebF_EONNext; 14-04-23 at 09:31.
    "Green is the prime colour of the world and that from which it's loveliness arises"-Pedro Calderon De La Barca 🌳

OUT OF OFFICE UNTIL 01/05/24 πŸ–

• 0 Replies