Comedy billing from the incompetent energy club

Level 13
    On 22 Feb, after a chaotic review of my account which included refunds, credits, more rebilling and more refunds to the point I lost track of everything, I finally FINALLY got to the point where I had agreement from EON that £229 was outstanding, that was all, and that payment would reset everything to ZERO. Which as you can see, did just that.

The very next day I get a bill and demand for a further £165. I am not supposed to get another bill until the 16th March (my billing cycle).

I dared to question this - and the EON person said "sorry I have just checked with my manager and the billing is correct there is nothing I can do" .. (always "my manager" isn't it. I wonder, does this mythical "manager" actually exist????

So what am I supposed to do - they have ignored their own agreement, they have ignored my billing cycle. Some sort of legal injunction perhaps? Anyone any ideas?

Oh I cant post the screenshot of my account, thats a shame.
  • 3 Replies

Level 91
    @MAW
    You could refer back to the last statement where you agree with the meter readings and credit or debit balance. Use your current readings to work out how much energy you have consumed since then and apply your tariff rates and standing charges to work out how much it has cost since then. Deduct all DD and other payments like EBSS and then, taking account of the balance on the last statement you agree with, you should be able to work out what you think the current balance should be.

You can use this data, together with any evidence of correspondence on the matter, to initiate a complaint if you still feel aggrieved.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 13
    Oh been doing all that for months. Has never achieved anything. As soon as you think everything is all square and sorted, they just revert back to being a completely incoherent shambles, and all you can do is have a stilted, unstructured email conversation with what ever school leaver working from home they have left it with.

I can add up and subtract and give as many meter readings as I like, doesnt seem to stop it.

Im done. Time to find a way to force the issue and make them stop.

Injunction to stop them sending random bills all the time, and/or small claims court for breach of contract is the way forward I have been advised. I just wondered if anyone else has gone down this path.
    Oh been doing all that for months. Has never achieved anything. As soon as you think everything is all square and sorted, they just revert back to being a completely incoherent shambles, and all you can do is have a stilted, unstructured email conversation with what ever school leaver working from home they have left it with.

I can add up and subtract and give as many meter readings as I like, doesnt seem to stop it.

Im done. Time to find a way to force the issue and make them stop.

Injunction to stop them sending random bills all the time, and/or small claims court for breach of contract is the way forward I have been advised. I just wondered if anyone else has gone down this path.

I am more than happy to help and see if we can support you in this matter. Do you know what solutions have been given to you so far? We can see together what other options we have.