Why do Eonnext insist on sending me 2 separate chaotic bills per month?

Level 1
    I just paid my bill twice, it's nuts they take direct debits off me when they feel like it, I've just complained
    Level 92
    Do you have a single energy account, or two separate gas and electricity accounts?

Do you submit your own meter reads and if so, how often?

Do you also have a smart meter, or meters and do they send back readings correctly.

Being billed twice can happen for any number of reasons and your original post doesn't give enough information to give us any clues to why it is happening.

Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 38
    @Evi

I agree with @retrotecchie, more information is needed to be able to check why it's happening.

Every time you submit a manual reading, a bill will be generated, for example: (before my smart gas meter started sending smart readings in again), I submitted my monthly readings on the 18th of each month, but when there were price changes on the 1st of some months, and I sent a reading in for my usage up to the day before the price change, the system automatically generated another bill, covering the period from the date of the previous bill up to the price change date, hence two bills in that month. The following bill on the 18th of the next month was always only from the 1st to the 17th, so it evened out correctly. That might possibly be the reason you've received two bills, if you have a look at the reading dates, and the periods covered by the bills.
    Last edited by Tommysgirl; 29-01-24 at 20:37.
    Level 55
    I just paid my bill twice, it's nuts they take direct debits off me when they feel like it, I've just complained

Once these DDs have gone from 'pending' to 'applied' and showing as amounts on the transactions side of your account, you should then be in a zero balance situation if you pay by variable direct debit.

Otherwise as per 2 previous posters @retrotecchie and @Tommysgirl - we need more information. There can be a number of reasons why you've had multiple DDs taken within a calendar month.
    Last edited by Mailman; 29-01-24 at 23:01.