In house display not working after tariff change

Level 1
    Hi,

I changed my tariff from Eco 7 to single rate 3 days ago and my in house display isn't showing the new rates. I'm have SMET1 meter and I've tried restarting the display and letting the display run out of battery but still no joy. Eon customer service were no help, after waiting 30 minutes for them to answer the phone, they told me to buy a new display from a 3rd party that's would cost around £50 and that it wasn't guaranteed to work, the only other option they told me was to upgrade my meter to SMET2 but they didn't have a time frame and I would most likely have to wait till 2025!

This pretty poor service, the display is working fine it's just not picking the updated tariff from the meter, I don't think it's fair I should have to buy another display that may not work when the issue looks an issue with the smart meter not sending the right data. One of the benefits of smart meters is that we how much energy we are using and paying for real time, I can't be the only customer with a SMET1 who has changed tariff and has this issue.

Has anyone else come across this and found a fix? I've seen posts on here where Eon have had to send instructions (for want of a better word) to SMET1 to get it to send the correct data to the displays. Is there some specific technical instruction I should be asking customer service to do?
  • 2 Replies

Level 91
    @Ssam

Yes

Send and email with "tariff update required" in the subject line to the normal customer service address, with your account details in the main part of the message.

Your IHD gets its data from the meter (s) via the communication hub attached to the electricity meter. Tariff details appear just after midnight once the data has been received.

If data communication was OK before you changed tariff the new rates should appear within a few days.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 1
    @Ssam

Yes

Send and email with "tariff update required" in the subject line to the normal customer service address, with your account details in the main part of the message.

Your IHD gets its data from the meter (s) via the communication hub attached to the electricity meter. Tariff details appear just after midnight once the data has been received.

If data communication was OK before you changed tariff the new rates should appear within a few days.

Thank you!