No result

View Tag Cloud
    Level 1
    @spilo it's not eon next paying you it's the national grid.

There is also a formula for the savings and I suggest you have a look at maximising the in day adjustment period on the day of the energy shift event to earn a decent amount.
    Level 16
    @spilo it's not eon next paying you it's the national grid.

But not strictly true.

Eon Next bids for the business and National Grid pays Eon Next.

"Each energy provider will have individual incentives for their campaigns"

Eon Next are making money out of DFS.

(Thank you to @Mstty. Your link to one of the scheme documents has opened my eyes to how all this works)
    Level 16
    Results are in

Thursday 19/01/2023 from 9:00AM to 10:00AM.
    You could earn around £0.35
    20% reduction
    Your typical use 0.59kwh
    Reduce by 0.12kwh
    Target usage 0.47kWh
    Actual usage from Bright 0900 0.397 kWh
    Congratulations! You did it.
    You reduced your energy usage by 37%
    You'll get £0.71 credited to your account.

My earnings for this event are low because my historical energy use is low in the mornings so I don't have anything to save.

I can make the big money in the evenings.
    Level 1
    Results are in

Thursday 19/01/2023 from 9:00AM to 10:00AM.
    You could earn around £0.35
    20% reduction
    Your typical use 0.59kwh
    Reduce by 0.12kwh
    Target usage 0.47kWh
    Actual usage from Bright 0900 0.397 kWh
    Congratulations! You did it.
    You reduced your energy usage by 37%
    You'll get £0.71 credited to your account.

My earnings for this event are low because my historical energy use is low in the mornings so I don't have anything to save.

I can make the big money in the evenings.
    Not true as your historic use (10 days at that time period averaged for that weekday event) is only one part of the equation.

Just using additional energy from 5am-8am is the other part of the equation and it there where the big bucks are made. The in day adjustment.

As an example our historic 10 day average for 9am-10am was 0.7kwh yet through shifting the dishwasher/washing machine/Tumbledryer/electric hot water as we are all electric ASHP/heating the garage gym for workouts etc etc we ended up with a calculated saving of 5.69kwh and a payout of £14.22
    Level 55
    I too got my results and figures very similar to @Actual

You could earn around £0.34
    20% reduction
    Your typical use 0.57kwh
    Reduce by 0.11kwh
    Target usage 0.46kWh
    You reduced your energy usage by 38%
    You'll get £0.77 credited to your account

So by my reckoning I'm assuming that the original amount would be for just a 20% reduction (whereas mine was nearly double this) AND no account of any 'in day adjustment' which was quite difficult to do for me to do on that day.

Both the last 2 days saw better shifting with emphasis on using appliances during the 1-4 hour window and mimimizing as much as I could during the event itself. Had an enjoyable game of Carcassonne from 4pm - 5.30 yesterday. One light on, house retained its earlier heating so no CH (until after 6pm) and even the FF turned off during the event itself. If this result was anything to go by I should get a few quid out of it. Certainly enough to easily pay for the washing and tumble dryer costs of the last 2 days.
    Last edited by Mailman; 25-01-23 at 10:07.
    Level 55
    Not true as your historic use (10 days at that time period averaged for that weekday event) is only one part of the equation.

Just using additional energy from 5am-8am is the other part of the equation and it there where the big bucks are made. The in day adjustment.

Therein lies the problem for that particular day. Would have been the case of 'what's that racket?' (i.e. the spinner rattling around) from SWMBO. I daresasy that if I get another early morning event going on, I could set away the dessicant dehumidifier in the lounge (for a timed period) but would still need to haul my carcass out of a very warm bed. 😀
    Level 1
    @Mailman

These energy shift session are not for those that don't work from home/retired and willing to change their habits to pay for a day and a half or more electricity.

You only get out, the effort you put in and for some it will not be worth it and back under the duvet.
    Level 55
    It does seem counter intuitive to actively hunt for high energy appliances (my dessicant dehumifier can churn through 0.66kW per hour) to turn on that I wouldn't normally have on at any time of the day (because it is prohibitively expensive to run at highest setting) or my emergency-use electric oil filled rad (1.5kW per hour). But I often wake up early in the morning and drift back to sleep. I'll see just how strong I am the next morning event is to put the effort in even if it means me temporarily losing the warmth of the duvet.😆
    Last edited by Mailman; 25-01-23 at 12:30.
    Level 92
    @Mailman

Seems to me rather counterintuitive to deliberately use high energy appliances (costing money to run) that you wouldn't have used otherwise, just to get usage high enough to give you enough of a saving in the DFS window.

Spinner? Get with the program old son...buy a mangle! Keep it by the side of the bed so you only need to stick an arm out from under the cosy duvet. 🤣🤣🤣

My washing machine is A+++ rated but I still take my smalls down to the river to beat 'em on a rock to save energy 👍😎
    Last edited by retrotecchie; 25-01-23 at 10:47.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 1
    Not sure where anyone has said use devices you wouldn't normally use that day. Just "shift" what you can to that in-day adjustment period to maximise your savings. So do your daily washing/dishwashing/tumble drying and cooking if appropriate. Shift that usage don't double up on it for no reason. Charge the EV etc etc

That not only shifts usage away from the peak demand period but also aids the amount the customer can receive. Win/Win
    Last edited by Mstty; 25-01-23 at 11:09. Reason: Typos