Switching from One Utility Bill

Level 1
    Hi all
    Can anyone give advice or have any experience with leaving One Utility Bill and managing own account? Thanks!
  • 12 Replies

Level 91
    @Energy88

I’m sorry but I don’t really understand your post. Can you be a bit more explicit?
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 1
    @meldrewreborn thanks for your reply.

I moved into a new property after a relationship breakdown and didn't have a clue what I was doing so I accepted a quote from One Utility Bill for my energy and water. A few months later and now i feel more settled. Ive asked them for a copy of my bill to justify the amount that i pay then each month only to be told that they cannot show me this amount. I want to end their service and start managing /paying my bills directly to Eonnext. How do I do this?
    Level 56
    I want to end their service and start managing /paying my bills directly to Eonnext. How do I do this?

Hmm not sure about this firm whether you are under any kind of contractual arrangement with them such as exit fees if you want to go it alone. Best contact this firm in the first instance about exiting your arrangements with them. Good luck.

EDIT: As I suspected this is the relevant Early Cancellation FAQ - £100 cancellation fee may apply.
    Last edited by Mailman; 10-01-23 at 22:16.
    Level 91
    @Energy88

I’ll reply in detail tomorrow morning, when I can get to the computer.
    Level 91
    @Energy88

Hi

Sorry to hear of your problems but we'll try to assist you moving forward.

I've just had a look at the One Utility Bill website and there are many different options there. So are you able to share what services you get from them and at what cost? Moving electricity (and Gas?) to another supplier like E.On Next is perhaps possible, but whether its financially attractive is another, and if you are taking other services from One Bill would leave you having to find another supplier for those. You mentioned water is included but is there anything else?

Energy prices are effectively fixed at the rates set by the government at the moment so there is little price competition between supplier, although there is some. Knowing whether you have smart meters, whether they work, how you currently pay (direct debit, cash/ cheque, or prepayment would assist too. And what is the payment and what do you get for it? What is the length of your contract? On the energy front do you have any readings from when you joined , and if so what are the readings now. And which region are you in?

This is a public forum so do not post personal information here - nothing to identify you. If you want you can click on a contributors handle (@name) to be able to send a Private Message. But Experienced contributors here can most certainly help you, @Mailman has already flagged one issue above.

Sorry to ask so many questions. But in order to provide you with sensible advice we need to ascertain the current position. There is little point if giving advice on limited information - it could make matters worse!
    Level 91
    I've just gone through the signup process for one bill. Currently they are not offering fixed term contracts only rolling contract which are subject to 30 days notice. The pricing is opaque with offers of unlimited or capped energy supplies, but no access to usage allowance if one goes for capped. My water would cost around £450 from them whereas my metered charge is currently£240.

If @Energy88 is on the rolling contract, then fairly painless exit seems possible.

Their reluctance to show any figures is down to the fact that they offer a service of supplying energy, gas and other matters, at essentially a fixed price. So how the price is arrived at isn't relevant. Only by comparing consumption data at current prices from the governments EPG can it be determined whether their pricing model is high or not.
    Level 56
    I've just gone through the signup process for one bill. Currently they are not offering fixed term contracts only rolling contract which are subject to 30 days notice. The pricing is opaque with offers of unlimited or capped energy supplies, but no access to usage allowance if one goes for capped. My water would cost around £450 from them whereas my metered charge is currently£240.

If @Energy88 is on the rolling contract, then fairly painless exit seems possible.

Their reluctance to show any figures is down to the fact that they offer a service of supplying energy, gas and other matters, at essentially a fixed price. So how the price is arrived at isn't relevant. Only by comparing consumption data at current prices from the governments EPG can it be determined whether their pricing model is high or not.

Hopefully the OP is now able to take control of their affairs even if it takes more phone calls + 30 days notice if this is the case for them rather than a fixed term contract of over 30 days left. I'm surprised this firm does not show the firms involved/individual contracts taken out by One Bill on their behalf although I guess that the online account must show (for example) that their energy is being supplied by Eon Next but nothing on cost (otherwise why post in this forum?).
    Level 91
    @Mailman

Why E.On Next? I had thought about that. Only Ovo and E.On Next have a forum - as far as I am aware. Sometimes people post queries here which do not relate to this company. If you were advising would you recommend E.On Next?

Customer service seems better elsewhere.......

Compare energy suppliers' customer service - Citizens Advice
    Level 92
    @meldrewreborn

Apparently, according to a customer service report I saw recently, E.On Next have one of the better customer service records in the industry...

Which doesn't say much for the others. I'll try and find the link...it's in my browsing history somewhere. According to uSwitch, they are mid-table.

Actually, the information I found was from OFGEM!

Last edited by retrotecchie; 11-01-23 at 17:39.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.