Live Chat Option

View Tag Cloud
    Level 5
    Seen as Eon Next is more techie for accessing customer service, why don't they have an online live chat facility on the Eon Next website ?
    Always take ages getting a response by social media or email!
  • 2 Replies

Level 92
    Welcome to as 'live chat' as it gets, for now
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 91
    Seen as Eon Next is more techie for accessing customer service, why don't they have an online live chat facility on the Eon Next website ?
    Always take ages getting a response by social media or email!

Because they don't employ enough well trained customer service staff. Email and social messaging are used as a queuing device (think Disneyworld for longer.) Key phrases in the message title might get the more important matters to the top of the queue, but who knows.

Of course a lot of the enquiries to customer services needn't actually be made at all if customers did a bit more reading and researching, rather than slamming in the enquiry with little thought. And the queues would be shorter if issues were solved first time - a lot of people here have tried customer services multiple times and got no solution or even incorrect information.

But here we can generally sort things via the volunteers with occasional recourse to E.On Next staff.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.