Getting thrown around back and forward

Level 91
    @Tommysgirl

I think their mantra is “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, except if we want to fit a smart meter”
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    @Tommysgirl

I think their mantra is “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, except if we want to fit a smart meter”
    You've got it in one there. CDM gold medal!
    I remember the CDM medals too, also the Cadburys Fruit and Nut advert: "Everyone's a Fruit and Nut Case" with music from Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite and Frank Muir. Also the Dairy Milk ad with the gorilla playing the drums.
    Happy Days!
    Level 92
    @Tommysgirl

Cadbury did a whole series of 'glass and a half' adverts. The gorilla one, the airport vehicles one and the two kids with the eyebrows and the beeping digital watch are three I remember. Fantastic.

I love the collections of retro ads on YouTube. One of my favourites was the old Panama cigars advert. "Be the king of the road with these Carlos Fandango super-wide wheels" and the Ford Anglia ends up going through a gate, ripping the wheels off and crashing into a barn.

They did a similar one "Be the sensation of the slopes with the Carlos Fandango super-wide skis" but I've never been able to track that one down.

Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    @retrotecchie
    They were great. I even remember Billy Connolly doing an ad for Grenvilles Cigars. He appeared as a judge in a courtroom and sang "If it wasn't for your Grenvilles where would you be" to the music of his "It wasn't for Your Wellies". It might be on Youtube.
    Ads just aren't the same any more!
    @retrotecchie
    I've just checked Youtube and the Grenvilles cigar ads with Billy Connolly are still there as : The Grenvilles Trilogy.
    Last edited by Tommysgirl; 01-01-23 at 12:54. Reason: Adding info
    Level 92
    @retrotecchie
    They were great. I even remember Billy Connolly doing an ad for Grenvilles Cigars. He appeared as a judge in a courtroom and sang "If it wasn't for your Grenvilles where would you be" to the music of his "It wasn't for Your Wellies". It might be on Youtube.
    Ads just aren't the same any more!

As if by magic, another delivery came in the post on Friday. Billy Connolly 'The Complete Transatlantic Recordings 1969 - 1974' which contains all the early Humblebums recordings. 'If It Was'nae For Your Wellies' is the last track on the last CD in the set. Giving it a whirl right now!
    As if by magic, another delivery came in the post on Friday. Billy Connolly 'The Complete Transatlantic Recordings 1969 - 1974' which contains all the early Humblebums recordings. 'If It Was'nae For Your Wellies' is the last track on the last CD in the set. Giving it a whirl right now!
    Sounds great! My brother saw Billy Connolly a few times at a local folk club before he hit the big time. He says he knew he would become a household name even then, he was so brilliant. Check out The Grenvilles Trilogy on Youtube. I think you'll find it very funny.🤣👍
    Level 7
    So we’re now down to £2 so currently on hold to the out of hours team. Still don’t why we have to leave it as close to this to the point we could be having cold showers tomorrow morning now but hey ho. Let’s see what comes from it this time.
    Level 7
    Apparently it’s not classed as an emergency…. !
    Level 7
    And now the phone has been cut off (after 45 minutes).

im in utter shock right now.