Your Energy Price increase from 1st January

Level 92
    @AB1

Base prices have risen, but the government EPG discount has increased to keep prices about the same as prior to January. They will go up 20% in April when the EPG is reduced. The mythical average bill will increase from £2500 to £3000 a year, and the government handouts stop. For the next three months, pretty much the same as the last three months.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 91
    @AB1

standing charges are unchanged but I think the difference you have spotted is due to VAT. Charges for units chargeable by suppliers have gone up sharply but so has the government contribution. Most customers face small variations in the net price they face, although some will face small increases and others small decreases, depending on their region and payment method.
    the government position is that the average customer dual dual is still paying £2500 per annum, as prior to the change.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 8
    @Anasa_EONNext
    I have received no direct communication from you and was astonished to see I see on my last bill that the electricity unit price charged increased on 1st Jan from 47.7 p/kWh to 62.19 p/kWh (excluding VAT) which is a significant increase of 30.4%. My online account still shows the unit price of 47.7 p/kWh.
    Level 91
    @sc489

the government EPG has gone up too so your net price (supplier less EPG) is much the same, a little less here a little more there.

in April the net price will go up by about 20%, so be prepared. This is because the EPG changes from a level of £2500 to £3000.
    Level 92
    @Anasa_EONNext
    I have received no direct communication from you and was astonished to see I see on my last bill that the electricity unit price charged increased on 1st Jan from 47.7 p/kWh to 62.19 p/kWh (excluding VAT) which is a significant increase of 30.4%. My online account still shows the unit price of 47.7 p/kWh.

You are charged the full price for each unit on your detailed bill, exclusive of VAT. The Government EBS discount per unit is then deducted. The VAT is then calculated on the total to give you your final bill.

Your original unit price was 47.7p, with a deduction of 17p for the EPG. Since January 1st, your unit price has indeed increased in line with OFGEM's price rises to 62.19p, but the EPG discount is now some 30-odd pence. The net result is that the actual price you pay is essentially the same, give or take a fraction of a penny.

Letters were only sent out pertaining to price rises where there is a significant increase in prices, e.g. for folks on fixed deals coming to an end.
    @Anasa_EONNext's post should have clarified this but it was worded in such a way that everyone thought they were getting a letter. This was not the case.