Meter displaying no digits, makes no sound but electric is on

Level 1
    Hi,

Just checked my meter today, to see how much credit I have left. Haven't checked it since my November energy voucher top up. I'm on a key meter pay as go one.

My display light is on, electric on, but no display numbers. Tried calling e.on next, closed and that said to call 0808 100 5088. That has hung up on me, after 10 tries at 6 seconds every time.

No idea when my credit will run out, how much is left and whether buying any will go on to the meter as there is clearly a fault. Tried the key in and hold blue button down advice, nothing. No beep sound or change. Freaking out, what do I do here. E.on, contact me please!

How can I report this fault on a weekend when the number do so hangs up on me? Any forum members know? I don't, and never will create a social media account so phone and email are my only options.
  • 3 Replies

Level 92
    @URB

Your meter is broken and needs replacing, but should stay on supply if it is currently providing energy.

Your best bet is to email hi@eonnext.com with all your details and 'Emergency:PAYG meter failed' in the subject.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 91
    @URB

send an email with electric prepayment meter faulty in the subject line and it should be prioritised . Give as much detail as you can and a picture if possible. The more detail you give the better chance of a swift and accurate response.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 1
    @URB Appreciate the responses, thanks. No idea how it's faulted though, no power cuts have taken place in my area. The meter was installed in 2010 though. Took your advice and sent them an email. That number provided on the auto message just keeps ringing then cutting off. Tried topping up with a fiver, didn't want to risk a full month's worth, and nothing happened. Hopefully they come back to me before it cuts out. Or I'm ringing them during my work hours, terrible time of year for this to happen. Thanks again