Meter reading reminder

Level 92
    Ladies and gentlemen.

Just a quick reminder that we are almost at the end of the year. More importantly, we are coming up to the end of this quarter's OFGEM price cap period. Prices will be going up again on January 1st 2023 in line with the new price caps. The government will be increasing their subsidy, or EPG discount, for the quarter in order to keep the 'mythical average' energy bill to the £2500 figure, although this will increase to £3000 come April.

Those of you who submit manual readings, can I please remind you to take your meter readings and submit them on 01 January. I know it's possibly not the most scintillating way to see in the New Year. Your bill will not change by too much, in theory, but the amount of government subsidy will change so in order to accurately make sure your bills reflect the correct calculations for the two periods, get those reads in on Jan 01, even if you usually provide reads on a different day of the month.

Retro.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
  • 3 Replies

Community Team
    Good shout @retrotecchie!

It's always a good idea to submit a reading when there is any update to a tariff or any change on your account this ensures that your account is accurate and avoids any estimates.
    "Green is the prime colour of the world and that from which it's loveliness arises"-Pedro Calderon De La Barca 🌳

OUT OF OFFICE UNTIL 04/05/24 🏖

@retrotecchie
    Great advice. I had forgotten about the January price change, and I'm probably not the only one. I've put a note in my diary to submit readings on 1st January. Thanks for the reminder.😃👍🥂🕛
    Level 91
    Standing charges will not change, supplier prices will go up but the government EPG reduction increases by a similar offsetting amount.

however net prices will be very slightly different - some regions will have increases, other will decrease. The changes are minor, but they will be there.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.