Prepayment December voucher in post date.

Level 1
    Has anyone received the voucher in the post for the month of December?
    Why on Earth they would use the postal service when we have strikes going on is beyond me.
    They could of securely emailed all vouchers via registered E.on next accounts.
    That way they would have made sure all customers signed up for online services.
  • 3 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 92
    Best Answer
    @Dan1

Did you know that over 20% of prepay meter users are elderly or vulnerable and may not have the ability to use tech to get vouchers by email.

So, they have to use the lowest common denominator that is universally accessible to everyone. Snail mail.

Now, the mail strikes are a pain. They are screwing up everything, not just the vouchers. According to a trusted source, every day of mail strike adds two to three days of delay to every delivery.

Of course, this doesn't prevent them using a non-Royal Mail based service...but it's still the Royal Mail posties that have to actually deliver UKMail etc.

Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 1
    @retrotecchie That is a fair point but none the less I don't think relying on the post is the best option. They could contact customers via email or phone then as last resort use the post. I'm pretty sure most people in this day and age have a mobile phone to receive a text or even a house phone could be called and a code given over the phone.
    I don't agree with the logic that because a small percentage don't move with the times then everyone has to use an old system of communication that is inefficient and unreliable.
    We have email and texts why right on paper and deliver by hand.
    What's next carrier pigeons
    Level 92
    @Dan1

Carrier pigeons would possibly be better than Royal Mail right now.

A better method would be to simply upload the vouchers to the Post Office systems (ok, Horizon...may be a problem in and of itself). When you take your key or card in for a top up, the system 'matches' your meter details to the virtual voucher, applies it accordingly and job done.

Only, government agencies, large corporations and the folk who roll out this sort of scheme never seem to apply either common sense or joined-up thinking...