PAYG meters and new tenancies

Level 92
    @retrotecchie

The rep on Eon social media told me to call 08085015088 after 8pm as I was more likely to get an answer and the Eon website says that the numbers are available after 8pm.

Yes, that's the so-called emergency number. Unfortunately, the sheer number of 'emergencies' at the moment is probably rather overwhelming them.

And all the mention of people being on hold for ages and getting cut off. 6 times out of 10 that is your telecoms provider hanging up your call as no 'activity' has been detected and assumes you've left your phone off the hook after making a call. Always a good move to send a 'keep alive' signal every ten minutes or so, just by pressing any button on your phone to generate a DMTF tone. That will prevent your outgoing call being abruptly terminated. The other 4 out of 10 disconnects are down to the party being called, however. Some kind of 'callback' needs to be implemented so that the call centre operator doesn't just shrug their shoulders and move on to the next call in the queue.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 92
    Further to the ongoing problems with meters, Citizens Advice say the following:

If you have a prepayment meter

If the screen is blank or showing a message such as ‘error’, ‘call help’ or ‘battery’, there’s probably a fault with the meter. Tell your supplier straight away or you could be left with no energy.
    They must send someone out to repair or replace the meter within:

• 3 hours on a working day (Monday to Friday except bank holidays)
    • 4 hours on a non-working day

The supplier doesn’t have to send someone out if they can fix the problem remotely - but they must do this within the same time.
    If you need to top up your meter while you're waiting for your supplier, they should provide you with replacement tokens.
    If your supplier doesn’t take appropriate action within the time they must pay you £30 compensation within 10 working days. If they don't pay you on time they have to pay an extra £30 for the delay.

So....all the folks who have not had an engineer out to replace a faulty meter in the prescribed timescales will all get compensation, yes?
    Last edited by retrotecchie; 13-12-22 at 01:11.