EON SmartView device incomplete energy cost data - does not help you budget

Level 5
    EON SmartView device incomplete energy cost data - don't expect this device to help you budget.
    Having had a smart meter installed in Nov 2022, we now have less clarity re daily/ monthly energy costs than we had when we submitted meter readings and maintained our own spreadsheet.
    Beware that the device provided with the so-called smart meter warns that cost details provided on the device do NOT include VAT. In addition, the historical daily and monthly total energy used can only be calculated offline manually as the device only shows separate historical daily/ monthly gas & electricity totals (excluding VAT).
  • 1 Reply

Level 92
    @Sceptical

I have maintained and continue to maintain that normal meter readings and a bit of nouse beats a smart meter hands down every time.

I have a manual meter and a spreadsheet. Tells me more than any smart meter can, and I know exactly what my bill will be to the penny when I submit my readings.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.