Looking back at the Festive season

@Tommysgirl this is one of the many reasons why I love dogs, they truly are human best friends! With growing up I have started to see how so many thing that were magical to me when I was a child shifted to what the actual reality is, but there is specific smells, tastes and lights that will still make me believe in the spirit of the festive season. I am lucky to have had the opportunity to travel through Italy thanks to my mum's job. Yes, I definitely advice you to book a Christmas in Italy, anywhere you fancy because it is absolutely amazing. 😀
    Level 91
    @retrotecchie
    Brilliant. A man after my own heart 😂
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 92

Ahhh... memories.

JoeGrinch

Paul Gilmartin sums up Christmas perfectly.

Eggnog, tinsel, falling snow
    Buttered rum and mistletoe
    Christmas trees and hanging lights
    The sound of carols fills the night

Shopping hours long and hard
    Visa phones and cancels card
    Unpaid bills and mounting debts
    Family gathers; depressions sets

Drinking starts, harsh words are said
    Dysfunction rears its Yuletide head
    Arguments turn into shovin'
    Drunken brother punches cousin

Tree tips over, popping lights
    Curtains catch, house ignites
    No one hears the reindeer cries
    Wedged in chimney, Santa dies

Though he kicked and did perspire
    His chestnuts roasted on an open fire
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 91
    @retrotecchie
    Good poem. Had never heard of Paul Gilmartin so have just read about him on Wikipedia.
    Community Team
    @retrotecchie this sounds like Christmas in my family 😂 🎄 I tend to have a smaller Christmas now with just MrF & our son, we have a very functional yet dysfunctional family 😆 so we tend to stay home for the actual day now to avoid the drama! We get round and visit family individually on Xmas eve and boxing day instead.

My daughter is older (she no longer lives at home she's flown the nest) and she has invited us for Christmas, it will be her first time cooking Christmas dinner for us so if you don't hear from me over the new year period it's probably food poisoning! She is due a baby next year so she wanted to have one last family Christmas just us before the baby arrives and it becomes all about the little one. Christmas will be very different for her next year!
    "Green is the prime colour of the world and that from which it's loveliness arises"-Pedro Calderon De La Barca 🌳

OUT OF OFFICE UNTIL 04/05/24 🏖

Level 92
    @DebF_EONNext

Cheer up...you will still have Hogmanay and Burns Night to let your hair down if Christmas turns out to be a bit meh.

One of my little guilty pleasures is a bit of haggis every January. Without the 'neeps, just the tatties. Washed down with a dram of Laphroaig if funds permit. Not to everyone's taste, the heavily-peated Islay malts, but it does usually mean I get it all to myself.

What's the haggis season been like this winter - good hunting or a lean year? Hopefully they've been plentiful so they're not too expensive.
    @DebF_EONNext

Cheer up...you will still have Hogmanay and Burns Night to let your hair down if Christmas turns out to be a bit meh.

One of my little guilty pleasures is a bit of haggis every January. Without the 'neeps, just the tatties. Washed down with a dram of Laphroaig if funds permit. Not to everyone's taste, the heavily-peated Islay malts, but it does usually mean I get it all to myself.

What's the haggis season been like this winter - good hunting or a lean year? Hopefully they've been plentiful so they're not too expensive.
    I think the haggises will be hiding from the cold at the minute, so too early to tell. 😋🍲
    Level 92
    @Tommysgirl

Minus fifteen up in Braemar today. The little rascals probably migrated South for the winter.