Tariff not updating

Level 1
    Our IHD for gas and electricity is recording usage properly, but the kWh and standing charge tariffs have not updated to the new cap. Makes setting budgets etc ineffective. Is this a general problem or just us?
  • 3 Replies

Level 92
    @1Mark1

It's quite common. You can try disconnecting or turning off your IHD for a while and then reconnect it to see if it updates, but possibly more likely that updated tariff information hasn't been pushed to your meters yet. This should be a simple affair, but isn't always the case and sometimes needs a prod. You could try contacting Customer Services via the usual channels and request a smart meter tariff update.

I personally don't have or want smart meters, relying on manual readings and an excel spreadsheet to monitor my usage. I can see my daily costs on that and budget accordingly, but knowing instantaneously how much I'm using at any time in cash terms isn't of any use to me. My budgets aren't in pounds or pence but in actual kWh of consumption. I know to the penny what my bill will be when I submit my readings manually, but I'm more interested in my actual versus target consumption in unit terms and carbon footprint than I am in how much it's costing per day.

I 'budget' for a daily maximum of 12kWh. Most days, I can come in well under that. Some days, if the missus is baking or using the electric oven heavily, I go over. As long as when the bill arrives, I'm 'in credit' on my personal kWh budget, then I know my bill is manageable. Your mileage may vary.
    Last edited by retrotecchie; 11-11-22 at 11:38.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 1
    @retrotecchie well i do not have the time for collecting data and building spreadsheets. So i want my ihd to work!

i have tried the turning off and on trick (tbf again). Now contacted eon next by whattsapp. Will see how things unfold
    Level 92
    @1Mark1

They are taking a few days to answer messages thanks to the sheer weight of traffic Customer Services are dealing with, but hopefully they should be able to arrange a tariff push for you fairly soon.

Keep us posted as to developments.