Energy bills support scheme

• Tags for this Thread
  • ebss
View Tag Cloud
    Level 1
    I have received a letter stating that you have sent a voucher for the energy bills support scheme. I have not received the £66 voucher that you said you have sent . I have got a letter dated 1st November saying you sent me a voucher but I’ve not got it . Since the date of the letter I have tried trying to WhatsApp and call but no one is responding
  • 4 Replies

Level 92
    @Simone12

Just to be certain, does your online energy account have your correct name and address. Not saying this is the case, but a neighbour of mine didn't get their voucher as it had been sent to the previous tenant who had recently moved out. The neighbour hadn't migrated the account to their name as they didn't think they needed to with a key meter!

Fortunately, this a is a very small rural community and everyone knows everyone else, so the previous tenant popped round with the voucher as soon as they realised the error and all was well again.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 92
    @Simone12

Ok, ignore my last post. If they did send you a letter, I assume they have your details...doh!

The only thing I can suggest is phone customer services, at 9am or around 2pm the queues aren't too bad, and ask them to reissue a voucher. I ASSUME you have a conventional non-smart top up meter? If it is a working Smart Pay As You Go meter, the credit would have been issued not as a physical voucher, but as an automatic upload to the meter itself.
    Level 1
    No, they haven’t sent me a voucher ! And my meter hasn’t been ripped up with the credit !

cant get intouch with anyone ! Jus typical plus they have started to take random money off my top ups again !

last Thursday I put £30 in £5 came off for emergency plus another £5 and yesterday I put £30 in and £9 came off so they jus taking random cash which wasn’t agreed ! Everything was running ok untill they sent their foot soldier out to check my meter !! It’s really shocking
    Level 92
    @Simone12

It's possible that said foot soldier did a tweak on your tariff details stored in the meter to reflect the October price rises. That could affect how far your credit actually goes. Sorry, but all I can suggest is keep trying on the phone. Customer services are snowed under right now, understandably. Not just the usual traffic, but folks like you chasing vouchers, non working smart meters, tariffs not updating and all the rest of it. I know this is a pain for you, but you'll just need to persevere. Once you do manage to get through the queue, they are usually pretty good.

I'll tag the @Beki_EONNext @HannahD_EONNext @PeterT_EONNext @Han_EONNext @Bennie_EONNext @DebF_EONNext @Anasa_EONNext and one of them may be able to expedite things for you, but I can't promise anything. I'm just another punter, like you!