Help! 2 Billing Accounts on the same address

Level 1
    We moved into our new home on 9 Sep 2022 and the previous tenants moved out on 30 Aug 2022. We tried to set up E.on next account since September 2022 and waited for any emails and letters on paper from E.on. Suddenly on 11-Oct-2022, we received both an opened account email (Account A), a welcome letter and a billing statement (Account B).

We successfully set up an account (Account A) with a start date on 9 Sep 2022 from the email and set up a direct debit on 11-Oct-2022. After we settled the billing statement on 11-Oct-2022, we found the billing statement was from another account (Account B) for the same address with a start date on 31 Aug 2022.

On 12-Oct-2022, we received an electronic bill from Account A. On 17-Oct-2022, we received another paper bill from Account B. We received 3 bills from E.on next within a week, from 11-Oct-2022 to 17-Oct-2022.😭

We crosscheck the 3 bills. The charges are similar for 2 accounts, A and B. Why are we paying double?

I tried to contact E.on next via email, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger and Twitter for a week but no response. I'm running out of options. What should I do?
  • 1 Reply

Level 43
    Hi @Cheryllo

You'll have to persevere contacting Customer Services I'm afraid, social media response times are around 5 days currently. If you can try calling at 9am when the phone lines open.