Smart Meters - Accurate Billing - Credit Refunds

Level 3
    What is the utter point in smart meters if they insist on using annual estimated bills?

Eon take a monthly reading from me. Surely I should be able to select an option which allows me to pay exactly for the amount of energy used whether its £2000pm in winter, or £100pm in summer?

They are sat on nearly £400 of credit at the moment. I’ve vastly changed spending habits (disposal of hottub etc) so have now requested for reductions to my direct debit and a refund back of my credit on a few occasions, but nothing.

They begrudgingl after several requests reduced my DD to what I believe will be my current estimated monthly cost over the next 12 months, but have still a few weeks after requesting still not issued a refund for the credit on account.
    Why should they insist on this being held in your account rather than my own? You already have £400 from the Gov for millions of customers whhich i expect you're earning a tidy sum of interest on.

Last edited by stut4; 18-10-22 at 15:40.
  • 3 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 91
    Best Answer
    @stut4

You can pay on receipt of bill by direct Debit as you want to do.

Other suppliers may not extend DD prices to paying on receipt of bill (OVO don't) but E.On Next do. You "only" have to get through to customers services. This forum isn't a backdoor to them. Ask for your entire credit back at the same time. Make a note of the date, time of call, who you spoke to and record the call if you can.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 3
    @stut4

You can pay on receipt of bill by direct Debit as you want to do.

Other suppliers may not extend DD prices to paying on receipt of bill (OVO don't) but E.On Next do. You "only" have to get through to customers services. This forum isn't a backdoor to them. Ask for your entire credit back at the same time. Make a note of the date, time of call, who you spoke to and record the call if you can.

Thank you Meldrewreborn. I will do this even if they make it as awkward as possible :)
    Level 3
    almost bl00dy impossible to find a phone number for them on their website, and when you do they are only open from 9am to 5pm and only until 4pm on Friday's.😤