Do accounts now have to be a minimum of £1000 in Credit???

Level 2
    Our account is £689.00 in Credit. Our current monthly Direct Debit is £150.00 - I have been overpaying by £30 a month to build up a surplus for the price rises and winter usage. I have just been informed by Eon Next that our Direct Debit is rising to £312.63 a month.!!! On 26th October, therefore, our account will be £1001.63 in Credit. Is there a new requirement that accounts have to be in Credit by £1000???
  • 1 Reply

Level 91
    @simont

no, no such requirement! But whate are your forecast consumption figures, what tariff are you on and what region are you in?
    prices are much higher now and your forecast consumption at today’s prices could well mean that your credit still needs to be increased.
    you could switch to pay on receipt of bill, variable direct debit, rather than by fixed direct debit. That way you will not have to pay anything until you credit is exhausted.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.