Fixed Rate Tariffs

Level 1
    Hi
    This may have been asked a thousand times before but I am currently on a fixed rate and currently paying a higher price than the variable flex. However, I am led to believe the fixed rate prices will be amended to the same amounts as the variable tariff. Is this correct as I have just had a long telephone conversation with someone from Eon and she never mentioned this at all? If this is correct when will this be amended?
    Thank you
  • 1 Reply

Level 91
    @Trelly

Standing charges are unaffected. Your unit rates will drop by a maximum of 17p on electricity and 4.2p (both pre VAT) on gas but only to the level of the variable tariff prices. Therefore, the prices will not go no lower than the variable unit prices, but if your fix was at very high prices, even after the EPG reductions they could still be above the EPG variable rates. As a consequence, customers in this latter situation will be switched to the variable flex tariff instead of their fix.

If you quote your region and your prices for both standing charges and units we can be more specific.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.