Direct debit not taken and energy subsidy not credited to account

Level 3
    My direct debit usually comes out 1st of every month but due to weekend, I expected it to come out on the 3rd. Nothing has been taken and the £66 energy subsidy has also not been credited to my account. My account is now showing in debit when it should actually be in credit.

Any ideas why this may be or when it will be sorted? Tried to contact by twitter dm a few days ago but had no response.
  • 13 Replies

Level 91
    @Heather24

It can currently take around 5 days to get a response from customer service due to them being overwhelmed. You can try phoning but you could end up on hold for hours. I'm afraid a great deal of patience is required.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 18
    @Heather24
    I had the exact same problem. When I rang thry advised me that there was no DD actually scheduled for the 1st. I assured them thst my account had clearly shown that the payment was to be taken on 1dt October and the £67 deduction was also there. They could not understand what had happened to the DD . I have had to arrange for a manual DD to be taken 11th October but E.on could not tell me if the £67 would be deducted or not.
    Sorry to say but the administration is still a real mess
    @Heather24
    I had the exact same problem. When I rang thry advised me that there was no DD actually scheduled for the 1st. I assured them thst my account had clearly shown that the payment was to be taken on 1dt October and the £67 deduction was also there. They could not understand what had happened to the DD . I have had to arrange for a manual DD to be taken 11th October but E.on could not tell me if the £67 would be deducted or not.
    Sorry to say but the administration is still a real mess
    You are so right about the administration still being a mess. Not "a method to their madness", more like "a madness to their methods"
    Level 3
    @Johnh1995 it's reassuring to know its happened to someone else too but it shouldnt be happening in the first place.

I'll give it a few more days to see if they reply and hopefully can get it sorted.

As said, administration is definitely a mess.
    Level 18
    @Heather24
    just an update on the issues.Today my account was credited with £66 from the government discount. My DD of £110.00 Is to be claimed on 11th October. Rather different to what I understood was to happen.
    I am still paying the scheduled full DD instead of what I thought of £44. Meanwhile the credit on my account has simply increased by £66.
    Is this the way things are going to be. Keep paying the full amount by DD but a credit yo your account. ?
    EDF are handling the £66/£67 better - they just take the full DD from everybody, and a few days later refund the £66/£67 to the same account. A lot simpler.
    Level 3
    @Johnh1995 i've also received the £66 credit on my account now but my direct debits are scheduled for the reduced amounts so hopefully yours will too
    Level 13
    EDF are handling the £66/£67 better - they just take the full DD from everybody, and a few days later refund the £66/£67 to the same account. A lot simpler.

And DDs will carry on at that same rate after next April. Unfortunately, we here at EONext have to go through the same upheaval when the government bonus stops. Loads and load of questions along the lines of "is that with the £66 or without".
    Hi @Heather24, I hope you are well, thank you for sharing your concern with us.

Our system has been undergoing a major update for all our customers based on the government announcements that only happened a couple of weeks ago. Usually every energy company gets around 8 weeks notice before changes, price caps and other energy related updates become live.

With only two and half weeks notice, we have been working our hardest to make sure things were going to run as smoothly as possible for all our customers. We are aware that there are things that need to be perfectioned, so please if you have any constructive feedback, feel free to share that with us. 😊

From what I could have seen, the £66 has been applied for the October month and your DD seemed to have come out on the 5th of October. I am confident that by next week your account will be looking to be up to date. If not please feel free to reach out to us or our customer service, although at the moment there is a little bit of waiting due to the high demands we have been experiencing.

If you want to keep up to date with news and updates around the schemes, feel free to subscribe to the Service Updates board.

Thank you for your patience and appreciation.