Not sending readings

Level 1
    Hi
    have tried contacting Eon Next but actually have a life, and dont want to listen to music all day or speak to a digital person, have tried ringing, their help section and WhatsApp to no avail, can anyone explain why I keep getting told by Eon Next that they are unable to get readings from my smart meter which the pestered me to have installed and which they did only a few months ago. They also keep telling me my browser is not supported, yet I have the latest version of Microsoft Edge on windows 10, and are the two connected? thanks
  • 2 Replies

Level 91
    @RedRobin

Its not a browser issue. Smart meters do take many weeks to become fully operative. I find it really annoying when the DCC publish a chart showing 95% of new installation connect within 15 minutes Which gives a really good impression. They don't publish any information on how long meters take to become fully operative. But initial connection is only the first part of a process which has timescales of 6, 8 or 10 or more weeks depending on who advises you.

Personally I'd make a complaint. It might get you to somebody with enough clout to get the issue resolved.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 1
    @meldrewreborn
    Thanks for your reply in connection to my post, hanging on to speak to someone as we speak, twenty minutes so far, will take your advice and make a complaint 🙂