EPG adjustment for very high rate tariffs

Level 1
    I am one of the people whose fixed rates are currently significantly greater than the EPG. Even with the per kwh reductions my rates are still greater than the EPG rates.

The Eon Next website states that for people in this position "To make sure that those customers also benefit from the EPG we will bring their fixed price down to be in line with the government's £2,500 average threshold." this statement can be found on the following link.

What is the Energy Price Guarantee | E.ON Next (eonnext.com)

My Gas & Elec rates per kwh are now 10.66 & 42.23 respectively (after the EPG reduction) whereas the capped rates are I believe 10.30 & 34.00 respectively.

In addition my DD was calculated based on the original Next Online v19 rates (before any reduction) and so has been set at £586 per month whereas the DD rate based on EPG capped rates is £380 pm.

When will the capped rates be implemented for v19 customers and when will my DD rate be reduced?

The rates I've been on are as follows:

Next Online v7 to 2/10/22
    Next Online v19 from 3/10/22

Thanks very much, Paul
  • 2 Replies

Level 91
    @pturney

The capped rates you quote are national averages, whereas, in fact, the rates are regional an diverge from those rates, both up and down.

Can you post the rates (standing charge and units) you signed up to and the rates you are now seeing and specify whether they are ex VAT or VAT inclusive. Also what region you are in. I'm currently revising my table of price cap and EPG rates to reflect confirmed calculation rates and method so can advise you.

However, Its entirely possible your best option will be to leave the fix entirely as the EPG rates (at least for units) are effectively fixed for 2 years. The standing charges on the variable might still change in the future but perhaps more likely to be down rather than up post April 2023.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 91
    @pturney

The rates in your online account are taking time to update. It looks like they have just followed the government rules to reduce your rates by E 17p and G 4.2p. It seems it is Eon Next's choice to reduce your fixed rates all the way down to the EPG but this hasn't shown up on accounts yet. Many of us are still waiting for that to happen.

As for The DD... mine just takes account of the EBSS reduction also, and not the tariff rate reduction. If they don't change it in time for this month's payment then I intend to get in touch to request a further reduction.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.