Next Online v19 under the Energy Price Guarantee

Hey,

I'm due to roll onto a "Next Online v19" tariff on 5th October. I'm in Bristol. I pay by DD. Can anyone tell me what rates (standing charge, unit, gas, elec) I will pay from the 5th? And what rates I would pay if I instead went onto Eon's standard variable tariff? I'm pretty sure that the rates currently being shown in my account in the "Next tariff" section are not correct, because they look very high compared to what I think the EPG rates should be. But it seems to be impossible to find the correct information on the Eon website.

There is a very confusing web page that talks about unit rates being reduced inline with some price floor, but since it's not specified what this price floor will be (at least not for each region). And it also doesn't mention what, if anything, is happening to standing charges.

I've sent two messages to Eon by email, and another by Twitter, but I've had no response to any of them.

I'm trying to establish if I'm better off sticking with the fixed tariff or switching to the variable one. I suspect that I may well be no worse off sticking with the fixed tariff, but the fact that it seems impossible to get the rates so I can confirm feels a bit suspicious!

Cheers,
    Wux
  • 25 Replies

Level 91
    @wuxyexylix

If I was you I would sit tight for a few days as I think you will end up on the EPG rates from tomorrow whatever. I could be wrong but I do believe it.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 1
    I was on the V19 but I called up and switched it to SVT tariff. To be honest, I should have just waited because it looks like I've lost the £67 discount that was applied. Although that might change tomorrow when they update all their tariffs. I'd just hang fire and wait until tomorrow.
    Level 91
    @wuxyexylix

Further to above, don't hold your breath for a response from Eon Next as they are predictably snowed-under.

Things may not change perceptively as of tomorrow but the changes will be retrospective when they do come.

We're all confused but you might save yourself some stress by waiting it out.
    Level 91
    @whiskeycola

You will not lose your discount. We will all get it but our accounts are taking time to update and that will only be exacerbated by making further changes yourself in this period.
    Level 91
    @wuxyexylix

the flex standing charges are those conforming to the OFGEM levels issued at the end of August. These were up a small amount from the April rates. The unit rates will be the OFGEM rates discounted by the government reductions. Since the operative date is now so close, I would roll onto the fix and then decide whether to exit to the flex rate - there are no exit charges.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 91
    BTW, if you don't have a smart meter then submit readings tomorrow. See here
    Level 6
    Yes, I switch from v7 to v19 on 6th October and heard nothing from them. The figures on the dashboard have been reduced by £67 but are still much higher than the SVT. Does anyone from Eon read these messages - most of their customers here seem pretty unimpressed!
    Level 2
    I'm being told this morning that the fixed rate which is above the cap is staying? This will not be reduced and is what I will be paying for tomorrow... surely this is incorrect?
    Have seen the same being said to people on Twitter...
    Name:  Screenshot 2022-10-03 111530.png
Views: 455
Size:  123.5 KB

Edit - have been told on the phone now, that everyone who fixed higher than the cap will be moved on the same rate, regardless of fixed / variable...
    People who fixed lower will obviously be unaffected...
    Level 56
    Edit - have been told on the phone now, that everyone who fixed higher than the cap will be moved on the same rate, regardless of fixed / variable...
    People who fixed lower will obviously be unaffected...

Good to hear if this is the reality of it all - Eon Next really need to let all of its recent (and more expensive compared to the SVT/EPG) fixed tariff customers know via message/on their web pages that they intend reducing fixed tariff rates all the way to match the SVT/EPG rates which, for electricity prices will be in excess of 17p/kWh.

****EDIT: Looks like Eon Next have NOT reduced both my v18 rates all the way to the SVT/EPG cap (see later post)*****
    The electricity rates are above the published SVT/EPG electricity rates for the Northern Region.

Name:  New v18 tariff.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  15.3 KB
    Last edited by Mailman; 03-10-22 at 16:22.