Gas Meter not sending readings, but IHD is working fine

Level 92
    @bryonyb

In which case, just a case of wait and see if DCC can migrate it. For reasons unclear to me, electric meters seem to play ball quite nicely. The gas ones can take a while. Something to do with how often they communicate with the network.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 5
    Hi @PeterT_EONNext

I'm still getting nowhere with this! I called up, the person said they can 'pull' a reading but confirmed it is not automatically sending any readings. Twitter is sending me round in circles. The DCC checker says it's not working in smart mode. I know you might not be the right person to tag, but where do I go? It had been working fine and suddenly not and seemingly no-one can help me.

Thank you in advance, Bryony
    Level 91
    @bryonyb

The IHD gets its data from the meters via the communications hub attached to the electricity meter. So, if your IHD is displaying the correct readings then we are certain the meters and the communications hub are working to a degree. Are the tariff rates correct on the IHD? - if so, the information has got from E.On Next to your meters via the DCC successfully - and fairly recently.

Did the advisor who said they can pull a reading actually manage to do it? If so, then there is some sort of configuration issue within E.On Next. But if the smart meter checker says it's not working in smart mode, then it's possible the advisor actually meant "normally we can do this" rather than "I can actually do this with your meter".

Your meter might well be sending readings, but are they reaching the DCC or then onto E.On Next?

I don't have or want a smart meter - @retrotecchie are in full agreement on that one, and the utility of a smart gas meter is even less than of an electricity meter. How many gas appliances have you got? When they're on they're costing you money - simples. But we can manage our consumption (only i have gas) by reference to the readings, and until this gets sorted you need to do the same. If this has been going on a long time get your complaint in straight away.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.