Energy Price Guarantee

Level 1
    I fixed mine too end of August. My monthly payments were due to rise from £133 to £367 from 4th October (payment taken 1st of the month)

I read that they’re going to contact us to re evaluate that figure but I’m worried they won’t do it in time for Octobers payment. My account is already £230 in credit, I can’t really afford to pay the £367 on top of that. Nobody answers the phone and I’ve had no reply to my emails either. A bit of reassurance would be helpful 🤦‍♀️
    Level 43
    I fixed mine too end of August. My monthly payments were due to rise from £133 to £367 from 4th October (payment taken 1st of the month)

I read that they’re going to contact us to re evaluate that figure but I’m worried they won’t do it in time for Octobers payment. My account is already £230 in credit, I can’t really afford to pay the £367 on top of that. Nobody answers the phone and I’ve had no reply to my emails either. A bit of reassurance would be helpful 🤦‍♀️

One small consolation @RHope58 is that at worst you would pay £301 in October as the first instalment of the £400 energy discount kicks in. It's not a huge reduction but it may soften the blow a bit if they don't re-assess all of the accounts in time.
    Level 91
    @RHope58

Almost certainly your fix is as near dead as its possible to be. The EPG rates will almost certainly be lower and will apply instead. There will only be a relatively few customers with fixes at lower levels who will not need their DD to be reassessed.

In fact, I recently did my own calculations and got EDF to lower my GAS dd because my fix from earlier in the year was OK re standing Charges, but too high on unit costs. My Fix with Eon for electricity is lower than the EPG and my DD will not require immediate recalculation.

You can sit tight and wait or be proactive. The EPG for an average consumption is Circa £2,500 and the price cap that it replaces would have been £3,500 for the same consumption. We're not average, but as a guideline you might expect the DD to go to somewhere around £260 rather than the £367.

Prices are now fairly set for 2 years, - reducing your bills will be down to limiting your consumption rather than searching for less expensive prices.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 43
    @Andy65 yes it could be worse I suppose!

Remember the good old days 50 odd years ago when we had power cuts? A bit of that would help get your bills down a bit, I've taken the more modern approach and switched stuff of that doesn't need to be on.

It's surprising what you can save, for example, I've looked back at my payment history and on the latest tariff rates now, I'm paying less per month now than I did in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
    Level 91
    @Andy65

That's a bit surprising. Energy prices had been largely stable for many years prior to 2021 - they rose and lowered a bit now and again, but if there was a trend it was marginally downward. With prices now more than tripled for gas - my main consumption - there is no way my bills could be lower than a few years ago. Perhaps you are newer to the energy reduction game than myself.
    Level 1
    I'm not quite able to remember the power cuts I just missed the 70’s but I’ve heard all about them + the ice on the inside of the windows!

we've invested in 13 tog duvets and hot water bottles - the heating doesn’t normally go on until November at the earliest. We’ve put bubble wrap up the chimney and we only use gas for heating/hot water - it’s the 17 year old gamer, the 8 year old with autism who uses his tablet for everything and the double glazing that went in in the late 80’s that are the main culprits in this house!
    Level 43
    @Andy65

That's a bit surprising. Energy prices had been largely stable for many years prior to 2021 - they rose and lowered a bit now and again, but if there was a trend it was marginally downward. With prices now more than tripled for gas - my main consumption - there is no way my bills could be lower than a few years ago. Perhaps you are newer to the energy reduction game than myself.

I've just checked again @meldrewreborn and the it's actually 2014 to 2019. I've been on top of my energy since 2007 but what is making the difference now is that in the last few years I've replaced my doors/windows, boiler, fridge freezer and TV. Going from an LCD to a larger LED TV saved around 40 kWh per month, the fridge/freezer around 25 kWh.

It's never a true comparison because it doesn't account for the outlay in changing appliances but they never last forever.

I'm on Next Flex and I've had the new EPG prices from eon-next, their estimate is that my annual bill will only increase by £80. The interesting thing is that whereas the Night Rate on E7 is usually around 52% of the Day Rate, from 1st October the Night Rate drops to 32% of the Day Rate (Day up 10p and Night down 3.5p). E7 works for me, I've always paid less than £100 per month for both fuels combined.
    Level 43
    The hinges wear on the windows @RHope58, I've had it myself where I could feel a draught coming through. Single glazed windows with metal frames, even when the heating was on they could ice up on the inside on very cold months.
    Level 5
    @PeterT_EONNext

I am on a fixed tarriff. When will we hear what our new adjusted Energy Price Guarantee direct debit will be? Eon Next Advisors on Twitter are giving out false information stating that fixed tarriff rates will not change under the Energy Price Guarantee, however the Government paper clearly states they will and from the 1st of October.

I also note that there is no option to change tarriffs on your website currently. The 'Renew Your Tarriff' button just leads one back to the page stating your tarriff with no ability to change this. Why is this?