Changing direct debit account details

Level 1
    Recently we received a letter telling us that Eon is closing their old Eon account to Eon Next account to receive our payment, with their account details for us to amend our direct debit for future payments. Otherwise they might not receive our payment.

Yet I contacted my bank as I couldn't find any way to set up/ change direct debit instruction, either on my online banking or here on Eon Next dashboard. My bank confirmed that direct debit instrucation should be amended by the company, not me.

I contacted Eon customer service as well and they said they can see my past payments and I don't need to do anything.

This month on the 1st (4 days ago) my payment has been paid through direct debit from my bank account however it doesn't seem to reach my Eon Next account, as it doesn't show up on my dashboard.

Since there's no guideline about how to update direct debit instruction on the letter, how am I suppose to do so? Also isn't this suppose to be Eon responsiblity according to my bank?
  • 1 Reply

Level 43
    Hi @Edwin

Eon/Eon-next should handle the Direct Debit transfer themselves, you should not have to do anything.

There is a lag of around 5 days between your DD payment leaving your account and appearing in your online eon-next account. I pay mine on the 1st of the month and I would expect it to appear as a payment in my eon-next account tomorrow (6th), the date will show as the 1st though. I have no idea why it takes so long but it has been raised on here before.
    If you look around on your dashboard online (not the app) it should say something like "a payment has yet to be applied to your account" or something similar.