Incorrect, puzzling letter regarding account

Level 1
    Hello, I have created an account in the hope that someone can help! Me and MrPee renewed our tariff back in June, both gas and electricity.

However we have received a letter from eon to say that due to their error for not sending gas bills (I wish!) that they are putting us on Next Flex, with the option to switch to a fixed tariff for the same cost as variable if we log in by 1.9.22. There is no option to do this if I log in.

We pay by direct debit, and have fixed for 12 months.

Anyone have any idea what it going on ? I have messaged the WhatsApp number but nothing helpful yet, and the lines to speak to a person are closed for the day.

TIA.
  • 2 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 43
    Best Answer
    Hi @MrsPee

All I can suggest is to try telephoning as soon as the phone lines open and persevering for as long as it takes to get through. They are likely to be extremely busy on all communication channels.

If you can't get it sorted today it may be worth raising an official complaint as they have offered you a fixed deal with a limited time to accept, yet the method that they say you need to use to accept the deal doesn't work. If you do go down this route, document everything such as dates, times, etc and ensure that they follow their Complaints Procedure. Based upon what you've said it looks like you've been offered a very good deal so it may be worth battling to ensure that they honour it.
    Level 1
    Thank you for your time @Andy65 :) sorted now. These things can be mildly stressful though!