Ofgem has announced its new price cap level

Level 91
    @Vince

See this - it may help you decide.

https://community.eonnext.com/thread...ll=1#post14751
    Last edited by meldrewreborn; 08-09-22 at 15:38. Reason: changed link to correct one
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 1
    thanks for that ..sounds somewhat more promising...
    I'm in same situation as Vince. hopefully we can opt out to the gov capped tariff you mention and just pay the £424 once!!

my post before saw your helpful reply..
    hi, sadly I was spooked into changing our flexi energy account to a fixed one at the end of August due to the warning of eon staff saying that the fixed tariffs would be changing all the time and probably go up not down. After that phone conversation, the monthly charge of a fixed D/D tariff went up £50 in 4 days!! I felt the need to fix before they went up even more with all the hype going round. we are now on a monthly payment of an astronomic £424.11 .. There is no charge to exit, so like Vince we're going to pay so much more than the average householder, after being told we were below average gas user and an average electricity user.. can't get through on the phone. Wonder if anyone has any thoughts or experiences to help . Seems the flexi was the way to go.. as the max charge for a flexi tariff would be at the EPGuarantee of £2,500.......Where we will be paying around 5 grand!!!! seems very unfair!
    Level 1
    @meldrewreborn Many thanks for your reply and input, it is very helpful. I will look at what Martin Lewis has to say and see if that throws any more light on whether to stick with it for now, or ditch and switch.