Electricity Smart connected but no data received by E.on Next after 5 months

Level 1
    On 19 March 2022 E.on Next replaced a manual Gas meter with a Smart one. The first generation Electricity Smart meter was working perfectly, but also had to be replaced as it would not interface with the new Gas Smart meter. In order to close the job down on his system, the engineer verified that readings were being received by the E.on Next central database.

However, whilst data for the Gas readings automatically feed to our account, since March we have stopped receiving Electricity readings which were appearing ok before the replacement Smart meter. Our account now shows "We're having trouble getting readings from your smart meter".

Each month I phone and ask for an update and am told that "...the Electricity Smart meter is connected to the E.on Next network but data not being received. Full connectivity should have been resolved within 6 weeks from installation so will escalate to the Smart Meter Team, but there is a backlog". 20 weeks have passed and no indication when this will resolved. How can something so routine take so long.

I need my account regularised so that I know my exact usage and outstanding account balance in these volatile times. How can I have someone resolve this and is anyone else experiencing this long delay?
  • 2 Replies

Level 5
    Having exactly the same issues as you.
    smart meters installed same time as yours.

Wonder if we had the same "engineer" who was doing a box ticking exercise to get the install removed from his job list.

Cynical? Me?
    @Cl4ret and @Trubel I am looking at older posts and I was wondering if you manage to find a resolution and if you have any constructive feedback for our services? Is there anything I can support you with ?